SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Explore Scientific 68° Maxvision 40mm

AbeSapien

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread.

I just bought a s/h 40mm Maxvision which should arrive on Monday. It will be interesting to compare it against the 35mm Pan with the Tak f7.4. If optically correct, I will de-cloak it. To me Stu might right about the reflections, but these should be minimised using a hood, as Louis suggested.

9 hours ago, Piero said:

Interesting thread.

I just bought a s/h 40mm Maxvision which should arrive on Monday. It will be interesting to compare it against the 35mm Pan with the Tak f7.4. If optically correct, I will de-cloak it. To me Stu might right about the reflections, but these should be minimised using a hood, as Louis suggested.

Looking forward to your report.  I've been thinking about getting a s/h 35mm Panoptic just to see how it compares to my 27mm Panoptic and 40mm Meade 5000 SWA.

5 hours ago, 25585 said:

I have a 35 Pan and 40 Max. Never compared them though strangely. For 40-ish I use my 42 Vixen LVW or new Antares Erfle. MaxView is more conversation piece than eye piece.

I have a 40mm Meade 5000 Plossl (60 degree), 38mm Super Plossl and a 40mm Erfle and don't care for their poorly corrected outer field compared to the 40mm Meade 5000 SWA.  I've never tried the 42 Vixen LVW.

2 hours ago, Louis D said:

I have a 40mm Meade 5000 Plossl (60 degree), 38mm Super Plossl and a 40mm Erfle and don't care for their poorly corrected outer field compared to the 40mm Meade 5000 SWA.  I've never tried the 42 Vixen LVW.

Vixen is the best, I would like to compare with a 41 Panoptic some day. All are improved to varying degrees with my Paracorr.

Archived