SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vixen Dovetail Bar for 8” EdgeHD

Hi there, Is there such a thing as a Vixen dovetail bar specifically designed for the EdgeHD? I note that there are CGE specific bars in the classic  Celestron orange livery, but I have been unable to find a vixen style equivalent.  I need the bar for my 8” Edge to allow the mounting of my new Guidescope mount.  If no exact equivalent, can someone recommend an appropriate replacement.  I am wary of plumbing for just any old generic bar. I would prefer direct attachment to the OTA as opposed to the use of radius blocks, need to keep overall weight down.

Kind Regards

Paul J.

There is a celestron made vixen dovetail for the Edge 8. I bought mine with the vixen dovetail then converted over to cge when I put the ADM replacement saddle on my mount. They're not sold separately to my knowledge, though I could be wrong on that one

20171206_204216.jpg

15 minutes ago, Handy_Andy said:

There is a celestron made vixen dovetail for the Edge 8. I bought mine with the vixen dovetail then converted over to cge when I put the ADM replacement saddle on my mount. They're not sold separately to my knowledge, though I could be wrong on that one

20171206_204216.jpg

Hi there Andy, thanks for your response.  Wonder why that would be?  Hmmm... perhaps because of the proliferation of Vixen accessories available on the open market, but that would beg an additional question.  Why bring out a range of separate bars for the CGE mounts?  Was the CGE that much of a departure in terms of format that Celestron felt they needed these separate accessories in order to sell the mounts?  

Paul.

Archived