Stargazers LoungeĀ Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

Richard Hather

Celestron Travel Scope 70 Telescope

Richard Hather    746

Looking to buy this telescope as a present for my kids at Christmas.

Get in touch if you would like to sell me yours thank you.

Richard

021C0466-0ACD-4C32-B8BF-6B640FEE8487.jpeg

Vicky050373    2,683

Hi Richard, a bit more pricey and larger option, but have you looked at the 150mm Dob that Lockie is selling in the classifieds. Would give much better views although it may be a little too large for your kids. Just something for you to ponder :)

• Like 1

LukeSkywatcher    7,832

The Travelscope 70 is OK. it does what it says it does and not a lot more. The tripod is rubbish and needs replacing right away. Its very wobbly on any height apart from the shortest. Its designed as a widefield scope, so shows clusters,constellations star fields etc. Ive never had much luck with it observing planets. The moon is fine.

For a little bit more money, the Skywatcher Heritage 130P is by all means a much better scope. In fact, its a cracking scope.

• Like 1

2STAR    754
On 05/12/2017 at 22:09, Richard Hather said:

Looking to buy this telescope as a present for my kids at Christmas.

Get in touch if you would like to sell me yours thank you.

Richard

021C0466-0ACD-4C32-B8BF-6B640FEE8487.jpeg

Richard, I have a 102mm Skywatcher GOTO Synscan Startravel Refractor (with extra's to you) if interested drop me a line, I am selling in New Year anyway as I am after a Triplet Refractor.

Eric

• Like 1

Richard Hather    746

Cheers everyone for your replies, my reasons for wanting this scope is mainly is a few reasons space/money/setup it seems to tick all those boxes.

Even if the tripods a pain I just want the kids to have something to look through, I will be purchasing a smaller scope in the new year but as a scope to fill in the gap I think it will do its job thanks again everyone šŸ˜Š