Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show Us Your Shed In Astro-Action!

cloudsweeper

Here is my occasional used, allotment shed / obs. More so for on trips out with binoculars, monopod and it stores a useful camping chair, less frequently with setting up a scope. It serves well as a warm room, with shelving and a small table to set up equipment etc., can become a bit of a tip at times when in normal use.

Bottom picture, a warning to would be intruders, watch out there are gremlins about. 

P1050887 (1).JPG

P1070994.JPG

P1070984.JPG

wife did not like idea of shed on permanent display at front of house so shed is wheeled to the front for observing session. Scope sits about 5 meters away on patio. Only problem is (or was) that you get nice and comfy looking at the screens and forget to look outside to see if clouds are coming in so I built a camera to look for the change in sky brightness. The camera is linked via bluetooth to a laptop.

steve2.jpg

Untitled10-27_at_23-51-54.jpg

20170724_194126.jpg

The legendary disorder which prevails in my observatories is something which I need to preserve in the public mind. I cannot risk allowing members of SGL to wander up with a few pictures seeming to show greater disorder.

For the record, nobody, so far, has come close! Cloudsweeper is the closest but has a long, long way to go. He needs more bikes and they need to be more busted - and where are the two hundred and seventy seven kilometres of cable? Must try harder!

:icon_mrgreen:lly

14 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

The legendary disorder which prevails in my observatories is something which I need to preserve in the public mind. I cannot risk allowing members of SGL to wander up with a few pictures seeming to show greater disorder.

For the record, nobody, so far, has come close! Cloudsweeper is the closest but has a long, long way to go. He needs more bikes and they need to be more busted - and where are the two hundred and seventy seven kilometres of cable? Must try harder!

:icon_mrgreen:lly

Thanks, Olly - I'm very flattered!  I only focused on the part of the shed used for astro purposes, but if I'd panned upwards or to the right, you might have been impressed by the myriad tins, planks, ancient ironware, and bits of old computers!

Doug.

13 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Thanks, Olly - I'm very flattered!  I only focused on the part of the shed used for astro purposes, but if I'd panned upwards or to the right, you might have been impressed by the myriad tins, planks, ancient ironware, and bits of old computers!

Doug.

Yes, not bad, I'll concede. But two old boat keels, a world war one biplane, a stuffed giraffe, a con rod from the Titanic, six costumes from the first Hammer Film Dracula, the rear half of a 1962 Amphicar, six bristles from Hitler's moustache and a full size fibreglass moulding of the Presidents on Mount Rushmore give me a marginal lead!

Olly

Archived