Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi all,

Whenever i took pictures attached to my telescope i get a big white flare in the middle..am using celestron astromaster 130eq with nikon d3200...i hv attached a sample image..please tell me y this happens? 

DSC_6012.JPG

"deepind" If I zoom your picture, I notice that the entire image is effected from the white flare.. I remember when I was in India " Bombay ", I could hardly use my  Camera + Lens out due to the humidity in the air outside, only in the aircondiotioned building or room I was able to take pictures....

Could it be ? the case ? that your equipment is effected by humidity ? and that is where from the white flare are from ?

Can you check that ??  but it looks like " vignetting " to me also..

Nartin

Edited by artem

Thank sir..but from starting itself it is like this only...may  be my camera or telescope not suitable for astrophotography?

That kind of looks like something on the lens as in moisture, it maybe on the sensor protector glass.

The other thing is it looks square, are you getting that image through a glass window ?

As the 130P is not a dedicated imaging scope I would as 8472 has said suspect vignetting where the amount of light at the edge is reduced owing to something cutting into the light path and so reducing the edge illumination - the focuser is the most probable. Will also say that even if you got a dedicated imaging scope they may not illuminate the full sensor of a DSLR.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:09, artem said:

"deepind" If I zoom your picture, I notice that the entire image is effected from the white flare.. I remember when I was in India " Bombay ", I could hardly use my  Camera + Lens out due to the humidity in the air outside, only in the aircondiotioned building or room I was able to take pictures....

Could it be ? the case ? that your equipment is effected by humidity ? and that is where from the white flare are from ?

Can you check that ??  but it looks like " vignetting " to me also..

Nartin

I had a similar issue on holiday in southern India a few weeks ago.  Lots of 'misty' looking pictures and some that looked OK.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      I and my girlfriend are now drawing plans to catch the comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas on photo. It's just a few weeks until it reach it's maxima for us living in the Northern hemisphere. We belive there are a lot of others that plan to do the same. We use my travel mount Star Adventurer and two cameras with telephoto lenses, a bit overloaded but easy to bring to a dark place.
      I have updated my comet page with examples that belong to this comet. Maybe could be interesting or of some help for you ? UK isn't far away from Sweden and the circumstances not to different from ours in Sweden.
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-comet-photography-planning/tutorial-comet-photography-planning.html
      I have also this comet related page that I wrote long time ago:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-find-comets/tutorial-find-comets.html
      We wish all of you a clear sky and that you get nice photos of the comet !
      Lars and Gunilla
    • By Matt Hayden
      Hello!
      What with all this locking down business and home schooling my ten year old son, I have dusted off my TAL-1 and created a slightly less than ideal setup in his room. The westward facing window has been providing great views of the moon and venus over the past week. Obviously doing this indoors is not great (the floor is pretty solid, as is the TAL stand!) but it does mean we get to use the scope every evening, rather than going through the process of carrying the whole rig outside every day.

I have a T-mount converter for my old-ish Pentax k-M DSLR, but have quite disappointing results with the camera, when compared to the observed image using the eye. The eyeball view is nothing less than banging - crystal clear detail with a 25mm eyepiece, strong contrast - it's spectacular. I add the camera with an eyepiece inside a tube, and can't replicate the same result, or anything like it. It's OK, but not good enough.
      I've cleaned the eyepiece today and collimated the scope. The primary mirror looks fine other than a couple of tiny dust particles, no scratches or weirdness on the coating. The camera is working pretty well as far as I can tell. Apart from a little clumsy-ness with the adjustments, the clarity in the eyepiece suggests it's all working fairly well. Photo attached of best result from last night.
      My question is: is this a focusing issue or some sort of aberration? Should I expect focusing to be difficult in the camera eyepiece? What's going on?! Does anyone have any other tips I can try to get this working better?

• By rockmattstar
      I have a nexstar 6se and I love it. I've only had it about a year and it's my first proper telescope. Every opportunity I'm out in the garden both looking through it and attaching my dslr to the back for fainter objects.
      I'm noticing I'm getting movement in the longer exposure photos and after a bit of googling I think it's the mount.
      So I'm looking to upgrade. I'm thinking something a little future proof but I'm not made of money so decent, reliable, cheaper end but good enough for astrophotography and with the possibility I might continue to add bits and pieces. 
      What do I need and how much am I looking? Help thanks in advance.
    • By William Productions
      Hello, I am an amateur astronomer that wants to get into deep-sky astrophotography. I already have a telescope which is Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT but it doesn't meet the requirements to take photos of wide field nebulaes/galaxies, (Ex: Orion Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy). I need some help on what to use and afford! It has to be under £550.
      I need a 70 or 80mm optical tube, with a mount that does polar alignment and can be attached to the optical tube then I need a Canon camera that can take long exposure high ISO photos and last a filter or two to help reduce light pollution and contrast the nebula/galaxy more!
      This is just for my birthday, I do not expect the best!
      I just need a beginners setup.
    • By grievous
      Hello! I have a question on how can I mount my camera to my Sky-Watcher Starquest 130P telescope? I’ve watched so many videos about it and there’s so many different answers on what I need to do that. At the moment, I have 2x Barlow lens and a DSLR. I know that a T-ring is also necessary but is there anything more? Any help is highly appreciated, thanks! (I’m really new to telescopes and astrophotography in general so I hope I don’t say anything dumb)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.