Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Terrestrial vs. Astronomical Binoculars?

Hayduke27

22 hours ago, ian_bird said:

If you are willing to cough the cash - these are absolutely brilliant.

The Image Stabilization has to be seen to be believed. It's like they are on a tripod!

https://store.canon.co.uk/canon-10x42l-is-wp-binoculars/0155B010/?nav=binoculars

But very, very expensive. I bought mine in a dash of impulsiveness. Totally crazy! But I am glad I did. :icon_biggrin: 

What eye relief do you get?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/12/2017 at 17:06, ollypenrice said:

Steve kindly passed my the Vixens one night and they were just lovely, light to hold and steady also because of the low power. The field was huge and the contrast as crisp as you like.

At the risk of this deteriorating into a mutual-appreciation fest, I should mention that when Olly was trying out my cunning little Vixen, he let me use his Leica 8x42. Damned nice image, brighter than the Vixen, very robust feel and, of course, the centre focus that makes them more versatile. There really is no substitute for decent glass.

Archived