Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Guess What?

glennbech

... M31 Of course... This is the only time I'll spend on it this year. This image is "Straight from the cow". No darks, no flats, no bias, just 9x360 seconds. I originally had about 14, but DSLR Focus version 3 decided to "reuse" the file name series and re-wrote my last 5 images.. There is always something! :smiley:

I have 13 darks, 13 flats & 13 dark flats for subtraction and division on the SD card. I'll post the "after flats&darks" later. I suspect half that I'll get a decent image after the flat subtraction.

8697_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

As Usual the flat & dark subtraction helps a bit. I went a bit overboard with post processing on this one; I guess I got intrigued with the detail hidden in the outer spiral arms. All in all Im quite please with under an hour of data. I've got some Glow on the left- and right hand side in the red channel that was a bit nasty to get rid off, hence the Crop. Once I find out where the glow comes from I might go back and do a "full field". I think this object looks best with more space around it than I have managed here...

8719_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mee to ; I'll do a deep dive into my light frames to see if I might have caught the roof of my house in a few subs.

Im also not happy about the red hue, I like images of this object better in cooler colours. I should have gone with my unmodified 400D for this target I guess.

Archived