Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everyone!

Zayvin

Hi all,

I just thought i would introduce myself. I have been a long time lurker on here for many months, finally stumping up the courage to post.

Why this evening you may ask? Well, after many months of deliberation, as of this evening I am now the proud owner of a Celestron Nexstar Evolution 9.25 and a full set (bar the 24mm) of ES 82 mm eyepieces.

Some might call me crazy, but i have been umming and ahhng for months and am firmly of the philosophy of buy once, buy right!

Sadly, this evening the scope is still in the box :hmh: Rain is pouring down in my area ....let's hope clear skies come at some point this weekend.

Anyhow, i will have plenty of questions over the coming weeks, months, years i am sure.

Thanks all!

Sadly, i have not had clear skies since picking up the scope :clouds1:  I thought today would be promising as it was a nice day but alas, not tonight :sad2:.

Always the same, the more you want something, the harder it is to get. 

On 12/5/2017 at 00:19, westmarch said:

Hi Zayvin,

welcome to the forum. I’m not too far from you and there are some excellent dark sky sites in the dales and moors nearby. Enjoy!

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome. Can you recommend any of the dark sites in the dales/moors for a newbie like me? I don't live in the best area regarding light pollution but at least the street lights turn off around 23:00.

Archived