SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is this worth the purchase??

First of all, I don't know whether this is the right place for this but if not then if a mod could please move it then I would be happy.

Cut to the case!! On a Danish website where you sell stuff you don't use anymore I found this Tokina lens which certainly caught my attention. It's a 100-300mm f/5 called "Tokina, RMC Tokina Macro Focus Zoom and it's being sold for 110£. It looks like it is in very good shape and the seller says this as well. The photos of it look really nice, and so does the photos taken with it. The seller says that it can be used on many mirrorless cameras such as nikon (I have a nikon d3300) without an adapter. Would I be able to use it with the D3300 without one as well?

If anyone can give me some advice for this it would be great, but just bear in mind that I will be getting the samyang 135mm f/2 later in 2018. If you don't think it is worth getting for christmas then please let me know:-)

image.thumb.png.73e0876432895277a251113a693ef57d.png

image.thumb.png.d70425a2db0b9984c3496479b36caafd.png

image.thumb.png.41b8f0c4bcdc63eb0872707530b2280d.png

Clear skies!

Victor

Hi Victor,

What mount is it ? Canon / M42 ? Either way it won't fit the Nikon DSLR because it's not a mirrorless camera and the lens register on the Nikon is way too long. I also don't see how it would fit various cameras without an adaptor.

Double check before you part with any money. I'd wait for the Samyang if it was my cash.

Dave. 

13 minutes ago, davew said:

Hi Victor,

What mount is it ? Canon / M42 ? Either way it won't fit the Nikon DSLR because it's not a mirrorless camera and the lens register on the Nikon is way too long. I also don't see how it would fit various cameras without an adaptor.

Double check before you part with any money. I'd wait for the Samyang if it was my cash.

Dave. 

Thank you for your advice. I have been very skeptical about purchasing one of the vintag lenses from ebay, but when I saw one being sold close to where I live, I had to check up with this forum first, and it was IMO a good choice.

Thank you.

Archived