Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece suggestion urgent

deepind

Hi all, 

I have celestron astromaster 130eq scope ..it is very difficult to view through 20mm eyepiece..is there any other for broader view for both terestrial and astronomical viewing?with good eyerelief as I wear glasses..32mm is good ..please reply

A 32 mm Plossl EP will give you the maximum field of view (FOV) with your scope, which accepts 1.25" EPs only. Alternatively, you could go for a 24mm 68 deg eyepiece, ideally the rather cheap but good MaxVision. Same FOV but more magnification. Both have long eye relief, so should cause problems. For shorter focal lengths, so-called planetary EPs offer decent eye relief (varying from 16 to 20mm).

29 minutes ago, deepind said:

Can I use for terrestrial viewing?

The image through a newtionian telescope will be inverted, i.e. 180° rotated, so it'll not be suitable for terrestrial viewing.

52 minutes ago, deepind said:

Hi thanks for reply..is the image quality is good ? Can I use for terrestrial viewing?

@YKSE is correct, a Newtonian reflector is not suitable for terrestrial use. The only reason you can use the supplied 20mm eyepiece is because it has an erecting prism built in to facilitate terrestrial viewing. This is not a usual feature for an eyepiece to have and it would not surprise me if this 20mm is the only such eyepiece available. It would be better to buy a second, more suitable, telescope for terrestrial views in my opinion. The good news is that the erecting prism in the 20mm eyepiece is likely to be a weak link and that any replacement eyepiece you buy should give better astronomical performance.

Archived