SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finder mounting bracket help

I'm looking for a mounting bracket similar to the one that comes with the 8SE for the supplied basic red dot finder, it is to go on a tube ring which already has five screw holes in it along a flat section (presumably for guide scopes etc).  The holes seem to have odd spacing, from centre to centre they are 11mm, 19mm, 19mm, 11mm, and between holes it is 5mm, 12mm, 12mm, 5mm, according to my approximate measurements.

I just want to be able to fit my existing red dot finder to this scope as well as my 8SE, but for the life of me I don't seem to be able to buy that little mount that comes with the 8SE, curved base or not (I need a flat base or one that can fit either style).

Thank you in advance!

Do you mean one of these in the photos.  I bought this from a SGL'er, I think for a fiver intending to use it and in the finish found another solution.  If you want to cover the fiver by something like PayPal I'll drop it into a jiffy bag and post it to you if you PM me an address.

view2.jpg

view1.jpg

13 hours ago, JOC said:

Do you mean one of these in the photos.  I bought this from a SGL'er, I think for a fiver intending to use it and in the finish found another solution.  If you want to cover the fiver by something like PayPal I'll drop it into a jiffy bag and post it to you if you PM me an address.

No, sorry, that is totally different to what the 8SE comes with.  This is what it looks like (except I would want the bracket only and with a flat edge instead of curved). https://www.astronomics.com/images/Product/large/3941.jpg

Hmm, looking at the second bracket there it does appear to have a flat profile underneath, I might investigate that whole Red Dot Finder as an option just to get the bracket if it's cheap enough.

23 minutes ago, jonathan said:

This is what it looks like (except I would want the bracket only and with a flat edge instead of curved).

I see, that is a bit like the inverse of the SW mounts - we have the wedge on the finders not as part of the bracket - anyway, I think it was still worth showing it to you.  I wonder if you can get a Y shaped mount that would let you use the existing mounting point for the bracket and fit the two finders to it - that is what I did in the finish.

Archived