SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Visual setup part 2 - TEC 160FL

So six months after I put my order in, the new design TEC 160FL was delivered today.

First impressions are that it's got that typical TEC quality with excellent finish. I hope the views match this. I was hoping to try it out tonight but forecast not looking good.

This was the first TEC 160FL the dealer had sold and even he was surprised how portable it was for a 160mm refractor. It's a bit chunky though! I've put a few photos below including a comparison with the AP130GTX to give an indication of size.

Now I just need those clouds to clear...

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DaveS said:

*drools*

Did you get it from Astrograph? I've lusted after one of those for a while now.

Yes it was from Rupert at Astrograph. Very good service from him - he even hsnd delivered the scope to my house this afternoon!

12 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

I thought part 2 was the night vision monocular! Fabulous addition to your frac-pack Gavin. 

Actually I think you are right - the night vision monoculars are a key part of the new setup. ?

Had a good look around "trackthestars. com" wow what a mount and what a price. I especially like the way the rotator works, really looks impressive. I can feel another project coming on :wink2:

Hi Gavin,

That is a truly lovely setup you have assembled, well done and congratulations.

I am sure you will have many happy hours with that kit.

I will have to console myself with watching some of the great videos of the mount, such as this one :-

Really looks the business - and so compact!

Archived