Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW Atik EFW3 7-Position 2″ Electronic Filter Wheel

FLO

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this at IAS, looks lovely, just as nicely made as the EFW2.

Hard to justify another FW, unless I sell the EFW2 I have, but this would be a perfect match for my Atik 11000. The five filter positions in the EFW2 make it a nuisance for narrowband imaging, as I also like to gather RGB data together with NB data. Normally set it up as LRGBHa, but this 7 position beastie would allow LRGBHaO3S2.

Hmmmmm.... (finds ways to justify the EFW3.....)

Mind you, will need to take up weight training to get the assembly mounted up :p

57 minutes ago, Tim said:

Saw this at IAS, looks lovely, just as nicely made as the EFW2.

Hard to justify another FW, unless I sell the EFW2 I have, but this would be a perfect match for my Atik 11000. The five filter positions in the EFW2 make it a nuisance for narrowband imaging, as I also like to gather RGB data together with NB data. Normally set it up as LRGBHa, but this 7 position beastie would allow LRGBHaO3S2.

Hmmmmm.... (finds ways to justify the EFW3.....)

Mind you, will need to take up weight training to get the assembly mounted up :p

Exactly the issue I have Tim.  Loaded as yours (LRGBHa) but would love to add my OIII and SII filters.  Can't wait, and like you also will need to sell my EFW2 (and a limb or 2 I suspect).

4 hours ago, animal666 said:

Looking forward to this, dreading to know the price though.

Just listing my Kidney on eBay for funds

Yeah.. I was looking at 2" carousels earlier for my existing wheels & came across the (new to me?) SX Maxi wheel. I've got an SX Mini wheel which is great but I nearly choked when I saw the price of the Maxi. Almost 3 times the cost of a Mini!! So if thats anything to go by.. prepare yourself! I've got a few wheels including the EFW2 which is as said, a beautifully made piece of kit. However, to get at least 7 slots for large filters its going to cost... and while you're in there popping out the kidney you might as well have a very good rummage around for a few other organs. If that doesn't finish you off the shock of how much it will cost to actually fill them up certainly will... Astrodons, Chroma... dig very deep! :evil:

Apparently the EFW3 Is a month away. So plenty of time for my auction,

I probably only really needs one lung and one eyeball too, so I could sell them also.

Does the tooth fairy still leave money too, maybe I could just eat soft foods from now on?

And at my age I'm not having any more kids, so I could maybe add a testicle to my eBay listings, but only the smaller one, Obviously ?

5 minutes ago, animal666 said:

Apparently the EFW3 Is a month away. 

You beat me by 4-mins :biggrin:

Atik are saying they will receive our first delivery "before Christmas" so we are guessing 4-6 weeks. 

Price is £499. 

Just now, FLO said:

You beat me by 4-mins :biggrin:

Atik are saying they will receive our first delivery "before Christmas" so we are guessing 4-6 weeks. 

Price is £499. 

Wowzer, that's less than I expected.  As I already have the 2" filters it's a no brainer for me. 

Will you be putting them on your site for advanced orders, or waiting until they ship?

Where's that scalpel??

1 minute ago, RayD said:

Wowzer, that's less than I expected.  As I already have the 2" filters it's a no brainer for me. 

Will you be putting them on your site for advanced orders, or waiting until they ship?

Where's that scalpel??

They are available to order at our website now: 

Atik EFW-3 Filter Wheel

We are predicting they will initially be in short supply so please place your order when able. 

We shall dispatch them first-come-first-served :angel:

Please be careful with that scalpel! :unsure:

Steve 

3 minutes ago, animal666 said:

Oh well, I've pulled the trigger and ordered it now.

Thank-you :smile: 

3 minutes ago, animal666 said:

I've ordered way too much stuff from FLO this month.

Don't tell on me. 

We have some nice plain brown paper wrapping, if that helps :biggrin:

6 minutes ago, animal666 said:

Hopefully I'll be in the first batch

Definitely - promise. 

5 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Well, I take it back.. good move Atik on the realistic pricing. Perhaps there's been some attention paid to comments over on the Horizon thread.. :rolleyes2:

Definitely.  I think they know now with the likes of ZWO they do have stiff competition.  The price is certainly realistic and a fair bit less then I expected.

Seems very reasonable to me. Does anybody know if the Atik OAG will still attach to the front of it as per the EFW2, and the depth (width?) that it will add to the system? I have custom adapters to give perfect settings with one of my field flatteners and it might mean a new one being ordered. Ta

27 minutes ago, Gina said:

It says it's the standard M54 or M42 same as the EFW2.  I believe the Atik OAG is M54.  I have one somewhere :D

The 3 x M3 holes certainly look like a very similar profile, but of course it is hard to say without something as a scale.  I'd be surprised if they made it so they needed to make a whole new OAG just for this, but I wouldn't be impossible.

Fortunately I can't use the Atik OAG with my Esprit.

9 minutes ago, Gina said:

Nor me.  But the spacers supplied with the ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool provide correct spacing with the ZWO OAG, ZWO FW and the field flattener for the Esprit.

I think the problem is my camera Gina.  My 16200 has 16mm back focus, I think from memory (I could be wrong) the ZWO is only in the region of 6mm odd.  For me this means I can't get down to 56mm with OAG fitted.

Archived