sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Baader mod for Canon 6D UK based?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a Baader mod to my Canon 6D as I would love to get some nice wide-field landscape images of Orion and the Milky Way etc.

Any recommendations for an active service in the UK or nearby?

Loads of websites about but not getting much in the way of responses.

Thanks in advance.

I've recently had my 60D modded by Andy Ellis at Astronomiser.  Turned it round in a couple of weeks, and was pretty responsive to emails.  Sadly though, just checked their Canon listing, and Astronomiser apparently can't handle the 6D:

http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/booking.htm

Might be worth emailing him though, and asking why not...  His was the only service I could find in the UK that would handle my 60D.

Best of luck.

The Canon 6D is a very nice camera and I am not sure I would be willing to have this work done at all. My approach would be to buy another ready done, say a 50D or something like. I wouldn't do this to my 1DS mk2 and that is a good few year old now.

Alan

On 29/11/2017 at 12:26, alynwallace said:

Have filled in the request form on their site already, hopefully I get a response from them soon then. No mention of the 6D on their website though but can't imagine it's that different to the others on offer?

Hi Alyn,

Good to have you here. I admire your nightscapes and YouTube videos mate. Excellent stuff and you're one of the few to make it sound as exciting as I find it .... sometimes  :)  By hook or by crook I'll get out to Anglesey on a clear night !

Juan at Cheapastrophotography does have the 6D on his site but just in the for sale section - http://cheapastrophotography.vpweb.co.uk/Available-Cameras.html as far as I can see. Have you had a response from him yet ?

I hope to see what you can do with the modded camera. 

Good luck,

Dave.

Edited by davew
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 14:27, alan potts said:

The Canon 6D is a very nice camera and I am not sure I would be willing to have this work done at all. My approach would be to buy another ready done, say a 50D or something like. I wouldn't do this to my 1DS mk2 and that is a good few year old now.

Alan

Thanks Alan. As a landscape astrophotographer I need the full-frame goodness of the 6D (also to utilise the collection of lenses I now have) and its incredible low light performance. Something like a 50d won't cut it for the way I shoot. Having recently picked up an A7SII I'm keen to give my 6D some extra life.

On 12/5/2017 at 15:17, davew said:

Hi Alyn,

Good to have you here. I admire your nightscapes and YouTube videos mate. Excellent stuff and you're one of the few to make it sound as exciting as I find it .... sometimes  :)  By hook or by crook I'll get out to Anglesey on a clear night !

Juan at Cheapastrophotography does have the 6D on his site but just in the for sale section - http://cheapastrophotography.vpweb.co.uk/Available-Cameras.html as far as I can see. Have you had a response from him yet ?

I hope to see what you can do with the modded camera. 

Good luck,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your kind words too I'm glad you've enjoyed my stuff :)

I did try Juan but sadly no response. I'll give him another go, maybe he missed it by accident. Hopefully I can get it modded before Orion hibernates again!

Maybe I'll bump into you on Anglesey then :D

And clear skies ;)
Alyn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wavydavy
      For sale 450D camera modified for astronomy, the IR filter has been removed to allow the important red emission nebula to come through. The price is £140.
      This camera has a very low shutter count of 1588, in very good condition, comes with 1 battery and charger (connects via USB to computer or smart phone socket ect ), I don't have the original box, but will pack, very well. The price includes special delivery. This is for the camera body, no lens. Any questions please email me any questions......clear skys.

• By astrocanito
      This video is to help you decide if you are a coma corrector buyer and also to help people that struggle putting things to work with the Baader MPCC. I use a 12" f/5 GSO dobsonian reflector newtonian telescope, different eyepieces and ZWO ASI224 and ZWO ASI294 cameras with spacers and a low profile TS extension as my set up which works like a charm with this CC.

• By lalou
      I tried imaging M101 here in our Bortle 5 neighborhood and it was sort of tough due to the light pollution but I think I was able to pull off a bit of data. My problem now is that I was able to increase the visibility of the galaxy through stretching but in the process the background noise also increased. I also noticed that my galaxy and stars are a bit orange/reddish compared to the other M101 shots which are kinda bluish in color. Not sure if this is being caused by my astromodded camera but I tried correcting it via Photoshop and this is the best "white balanced" image that I got.
      Looking for some help in this group maybe someone can have a go with my raw file and share some techniques on how to improve my post processing. The stacking was done via DSS and the processing via Photoshop. I also used Gradient Xterminator and also Astrotools.
      Here's my edit and I also attached the raw file so maybe you guys can try tinkering with it also. Also open for any suggestions or comments with my initial edit. Thanks! 😁
      Light Frames: 189 x 1 min shots @ ISO1600 (yes I still don't have autoguiding) Dark Frames: 198 x 1 min shots Mount: Celestron OmniXLT CG-4 Telescope: Celestron C6N Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XT Hap-Griffin Mod Autosave.tif
      Autosave.tif
    • By JemC
      Hi all,
      this image is my 1st light using my recently acquired iOptron Photron RC6 ,  never used  an RC  before,  anyway after quite a bit of trial and error figuring out which adapters were required in order to achieve focus with the Canon 600d  and then getting it balanced ( quite back end heavy with the extension tubes and camera on ) it was time to put myself to the test as well as the kit.
      It ended up just being a short run . the set up consisted of :

EQ6 Pro pier mounted
      iOptron RC6
      Canon 600d (modified)
      ASIAir Pro (for the wizardry stuff)
      ASI 120mm Mini guide camera mounted to 9 x 50 finder scope

20 x 120 sec lights. or ( 40 minutes in old money )
      Calibration files were also used ( not to good effect i might add )
      Stacked in DSS with slight adjustments then transferred to Photo shop for final butchery, 
      Levels and curves adjusted and cropped slightly.
      Overall i'm quite happy with the outcome for such a short amount of data, 
      Any feedback is welcome, or any tips to help me improve with this scope  🙂
      so here it is 
      M82

• By micovn
      This is a lens that does not need an introduction, it's simply a fantastic budget lens! I've been using it for astrophotography with great results and satisfaction (see pictures). Just selling it becuase I'm upgrading to the 135mm version. Any questions please ask. Asking £160 which includes P&P to UK mainland.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.