Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Great night.....

NGC 1502

Hi all. I’ve just had such a great session, I just have to share.......

After moonset the sky was about as good as it ever gets for deep sky from my location half a mile from Southend town centre. The Beehive was an unaided eye fuzzy patch, rare from my backyard. Bagged loads with my 10” Dob, highlights included M97 & 108 in same low power field, NGC 2841, a so very easy to see M81/82 at 44x with structure in 82 at 170x, a whole bunch of clusters and so much more....

Now, all this is easy from a dark site, but I’m in a large town and nights like this don’t happen very often.

Anyone else have a good time out there ?

We have certainly had some excellent nights recently. Seeing has not been brilliant but transparency has been very good. I've had some much better sessions from home than I normally would. Let's hope the rest of the winter carries on like this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 15:01, NGC 1502 said:

Anyone else have a good time out there ?

I always have a good time when I'm out there.... :-) During good seeing and dark nights, it's just the icing on the cake.. Nothing beats the quite and calm of just me and the sky.

Archived