Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Rosette Nebula HaOiiiRGB - 25 hours

Mr_42tr0nomy

I finally finished capturing exposures of the Rosette Nebula. After a long month and a half, the total data collected and put into this image is 25 hours! I threw a ton of bad exposures away which took off about 7 hours. Ran into a few problems along the way, lol. Hope you all enjoy! 

Ha:14hrs     Oiii: 5 hrs     RGB: 6hrs total 

clear skies!

6BEB66F7-8979-4645-BF42-04FC46DA0A55.jpeg

The first image for me: it's a cracker.

From your comment heading the second image, I think you sensed that you'd marginally over done the processing.

If you are looking for a suggestion, I would take the first image and introduce some small contrast curve adjustments that will increase some depth of field into the first image.

On 12/3/2017 at 13:21, Barry-Wilson said:

The first image for me: it's a cracker.

From your comment heading the second image, I think you sensed that you'd marginally over done the processing.

If you are looking for a suggestion, I would take the first image and introduce some small contrast curve adjustments that will increase some depth of field into the first image.

I did apply some contrast adjustments and fiddled with the levels as tad. Thanks for the input!

Rosette nebula Haoiiirgb final jpg 3 .jpg

Archived