Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good day to all :happy11:

I'm currently thinking about getting myself a set up for DSLR/wide-field astrophotography,

This will purely be DSLR widefield, i am not wanting to use a scope with this set up, nor would i be wanting to guide,
I already have a canon 600d so will utilise this with A 50mm lens and will more than likely look at getting a couple more,

The set up will need to be portable and easy to handle,
My plan is to drive out to some dark or at least darker than my garden locations that are within reasonble driving distance,it's also something that i could 
take with me when on holiday (UK only, don't think i could convince the boss for over sea)

I have been looking at some of the easy to handle/portable set ups, and i know they all have their pro's and cons,but these are the 2 contenders
purely for DSLR that i am thinking of,

Skywatcher star adventurer

"       EQ3-2

Of the 2 listed i have had EQ but it had to go to help fund upgrades (but that was when i didn't know what i was doing, not sure i know what i'm doing now though either,) or would i be better looking at some of the other models that are available,

any recommendations or advice/tips would be appreciated,

Regards
James

19 minutes ago, Bobby1970 said:

Definitely the Star Adventurer. 

Appreciate your thoughts, :happy11:

i have however finally decided to go with the EQ3-2, should be with me later this week :icon_biggrin:

hopefully i will get to try it out over the weekend, weather permitting, 

Regards

Archived