SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star Adventurer Guding help

Hi there,

I know that this post wont becoume popular or something like that and i wont get any comments, but I hope it will at least help to 1 person, so it worth of typing :D

Im new to this topic

I got several requests to show people how to guide the star aventurer :)

After thoose request I decided to help you out :D

As you know, the Star Adventurer is a small tracking mount used for tracked exposures of night skies

It can track accuretly up to 200mm for 2min unguided, well the best part is that it got a ST4 port so it can be autoguided

The problem is when you cant figure out how to mount both the DSLR+lenses and the guiding scope with the guide cam

I saw several good ideas but they didnt worked for me and for a bunch of other peoples, so i came up with my idea and its perfect :)

all yo have to do is:

1.PA the mount

2.Set the DSLR on it with the lenses u use

3.The tricky part :D

On the counter-weight bar you will have to remove the counterweight you will have to put the guiding scope with the guide camera and it work instead of the counterwight! The attaching is pretty simple, but you can still use a counterweight if you want! Here is a picture of my setup with the old non-modded camera :D

for lounge.jpg

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Ryan_86 said:

Me again haha.

Tell us how you done it, I'm racking my brains trying to figure out where to position my guidescope?

I want it as close to the imaging train as possible & like your method??

Thanks

Ryan

Oooooooooh i understand what you want now ha ha!

The guide cam is on a ballhead so you have 360° rotation and aim it to be paralel with the DSLR and than move guiding scope a small a bit to the direction of camera, if the you aim it to lets say to orion, and the dslr is left from the guiding setuo than aim the guidint go the samw direction and just a bit to left to the dslr, do you understand what im trying to say? :D

Archived