SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Starlight Live 3.3 Mac - getting image in focus screen but not main screen

shakafell

I have a weird issue with Starlight Live. I can see an image from my Lodestar X2 in the focus tab but in the main image tab I see nothing but a black screen. When I start the exposure it is counting up frames but I don't see any image.

The last time I used this program it was called Lodestar Live and it worked fine with this same camera. I also use the camera in SharpCap without any issue.

Hi

Does the Stacked count change? If the Max FWHM setting on the Stacking tab is set too low it might be rejecting frames due to poor seeing/tracking. Change to say 6 or more just to check.

I've noticed that when I use two screens the image disappears when I move from one to the other, but I don't suppose that is your issue if you're seeing focus screen images.

Martin

SLL remembers some of the settings from the previous session.  Stacking is one of them.  If you don’t shut off the stacking from the previous session the new image will not show because there is no alignment.  When starting a new session, always check to make sure the enable stacking box is unchecked.

Don

Yeah, the "Enable Live Stacking" checkbox has bit me a time or two in the past when getting ready for a new session.  Make sure it's unchecked when you first start the program or you'll see nothing.

Archived