Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Allinthehead

Hi all. This one has really been a major struggle. Between mistakes i made like trying to use a cheapo dual cigarette lighter adapter resulting in my dew heaters failing. My luminance data losing focus, perhaps a cable snagged, not really sure why it happened. Star shapes in the corners are poor mainly i think due to tilt caused by my zwo eos adapter (new geoptic one in the post). And of course one of my neighbors leaving his led moon on all night so i lost 5 hrs of rgb due to pink stars from the led (at least i think that's what caused it). The joys of astro photography. All those trials make it all the sweeter when you manage to pull an image from the data.

Anywho this is 4 hrs of lum 150 second subs at 0 gain with Asi 1600 Samyang 135

3.5 hrs of rgb 150 second subs unity gain Asi 071 Samyang 135

5 hrs Ha 150 second subs at 300 gain Samyang 135

Stacked in Dss, processed in PI and PS.

California Nebula lies approx 1,500 ly from earth in the constellation Perseus. Aptly named due its shape. Most likely illuminated by the bright blue star just above Xi Persei according to various sources online.  

Hope you like it.

Richard.

5a17002f377d7_California89rgbalignfinal_r2222copy4.thumb.jpg.b290bcece16d7d37681094feb0a894ad.jpg

5a17076ba61be_califposition.thumb.jpg.0679dd3edebb4797bcea01dedc9f2406.jpg

annotated.thumb.jpg.aa2a21325de265093a6374851bd3c9f8.jpg

1 minute ago, Filroden said:

For all your troubles it’s still a cracking image. If the LED was constant through all RGB subs can it not be corrected through gradient removal and colour balancing?

Thanks Ken. I couldn't do anything with it. All the blue stars had a pink hue to them. The data were good otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks Rodd. I assume you got the pro model?

Not sure--I got the cooled one with a filter wheel, but I already have some Baader 36mm filters from when I switched to Astrodon, so did not need the filters.  Saved a few hundred dollars.  I also got an OAG and lodestar fro guiding--so not really a standard package.

Rodd

3 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Not sure--I got the cooled one with a filter wheel, but I already have some Baader 36mm filters from when I switched to Astrodon, so did not need the filters.  Saved a few hundred dollars.  I also got an OAG and lodestar fro guiding--so not really a standard package.

Rodd

You really should check as the pro has a buffer which reduces amp glow. It's the one to go for.

Archived