Buy moon land?

MilwaukeeLion

Highly dubious - I doubt there's any legal rights to owning part of the moon for anyone, and how would they defend such rights or defined borders anyway. It's a bit like owning a star - romantic or fantasy gesture is where I place this offer. Spend wisely lol. :)

I definitely would not buy this. Having decided to up the lunar landing conspiracy theorists at their own game (how do we know the landing conspiracy isn't a double bluff by the CIA/ Illuminati/insert as relevant to cover up the fact that the Moon is a hoax?) there's no way im buying real estate on the thing.

Good site for an obsy though.

Billy.

We had a couple along recently that had been bought a whole acre of the Moon and were interested in having a look at it through our telescopes! As this wasn't possible we downloaded Quickmap and zoomed in to the provided coordinates. The acre was well shown with a gentle slope down to a crater in the "garden", they had no allusions to genuine ownership but were happy to see it.  :icon_biggrin: 

Those prices seem high; I'd be willing to undercut all those large companies by at least 20% (I'm just a small business so have low overheads and can offer these incredible prices direct to you; the public).

As an extra incentive, I'll throw in planning permission for a 10 bed moon mansion free with every hectare bought, guaranteed to be near a good moon school.

For the purchase price you'll get a set of genuine looking deeds (look a bit like a clipart I downloaded from google but ignore that) and your name in a genuine register that is free for anyone to view (as long as they come round my house) and definitive proof that your money has been well spent. You'll also get a detailed photo of your plot (downloaded google image with red "x" on it).

Any takers?

I remember negotiating a lease for a near-city centre office in Birmingham where the overflight rights were reserved to the landlord. It was near Edgbaston and I think they made a pretty penny out of the Goodyear Blimp when it was filming the cricket and they may have had an eye to helicopter flights filming other sporting events.

I have no idea how high the right goes in the UK but we've had Hercules and Chinooks go over our house MUCH lower than 325 feet!

Archived