Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pentax EDHF75- what adaptor to connect DSLR?

Icesheet

I picked up this Pentax scope a few months back and now that I have some experience imaging on my mount with just the DSLR I would live to give this a go. Unfortunately I don't know which adapter would be appropriate to attach my Nikon D3200.

Info is pretty scarce on it so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. See photos below. 

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

Question 1:will you using at prime focus (i.e. 'scope & camera) ? - then you will need what Sara has recommended above

Questiion 2: will you using at afocal projection (i.e. 'scope, e/p & camera) ? - then you will need an eyepiece projection unit (or EPU) plus the T-ring for your camera body.

28 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Thank you for the info ?

Yes the adapter in the last photo is 2". There is also another small plastic adapter (perhaps the push fit you mention?) that connects a 1.25" diagonal. 

What is the best option in your opinion?

12 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Question 1:will you using at prime focus (i.e. 'scope & camera) ? - then you will need what Sara has recommended above

Questiion 2: will you using at afocal projection (i.e. 'scope, e/p & camera) ? - then you will need an eyepiece projection unit (or EPU) plus the T-ring for your camera body.

Yes for Q1 as prime focus was my plan.

Maybe for Q2! I'm not that familiar with afocal projection. I assume it would be use the eyepiece to increase  focal length and magnification. Probably less likely to do that at the moment.

I already have the Nikon T-ring of that helps with anything?

The larger the adapter you use the better - so put the 2" in that you linked to in your final photo.

Imagine this..... the scope is a female 2" and the item that I linked to gives you a 2" male...... slot the 2" male into the female and use the thumbscrew to secure tightly. That should be that!!! :D 

2 hours ago, Philip R said:

That's a nice 'scope/OTA. Someone who used to work at BC&F said it was on par or better than the TeleVue refractors. :thumbsup:

Thanks :) Yes, information is scarce on them but anything that you do find puts them right up there. It's had some visual use but it seems a waste not using it for imaging

On 21/11/2017 at 00:19, Icesheet said:

Pentax scope

Wonderful. Proper engineering; thick metal where you need it and I'd put good money on pinpoint stars. Does it have lenses to flatten the field?

+1 for the 2" nosepiece and -wide- nikon adaptor route.

HTH and clear skies.

6 hours ago, alacant said:

Wonderful. Proper engineering; thick metal where you need it and I'd put good money on pinpoint stars. Does it have lenses to flatten the field?

+1 for the 2" nosepiece and -wide- nikon adaptor route.

HTH and clear skies.

5 hours ago, swag72 said:

If this is like the SDHF - It has a built in flattener that was designed to accommodate medium format camera's

Yes it has the field flattener. Looking forward to using it!

Archived