Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula Core

artoleus

Ok this is the core of the Heart Nebular shot using my Orion Optics VX10 reflector on a NEQ6 goto mount, with belt drive mod. Shot on 550d Canon which I have astro-modified using the Baader filter mod. I use an Orion thin off axis guider with a QHYL-II mono camera as a guide camera. Attached to that is an Astronomik UHC filter which is used to get rid of the light pollution. The Pictures were shot using APT on my laptop. This is 240s x9 shots on Friday 17th November 2017 before the clouds took over. This is probably the second time I've got the kit working all together, I've only ever managed 40minute exposures so far. I've got a Ha filter I've yet to use and I still have not got round to making that Bahtinov mask . :-) Maybe I can add some data to this at a later date. I'm not particularly happy with the stars, I think the camera train is slightly crooked. Which is why I'm getting the red halos. Anyhow all a good learning experience.

Heart Nebula Core2.jpg

Archived