Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delited to say my eyepiece buying days are 'over'

Moonshane

My latest iteration of eyepiece collection is my final collection I think. The addition of a 9mm Delite means I have an eyepiece I have been after since I bought my other two and fills a lovely gap giving often optimum magnification in my 1600mm focal length dobs for planetary and double star use.

Is that really It? Who knows but it feels like it ?

It's now a prisoner until Santa re-delivers it on 25/12 ?

20171120_180638.thumb.jpg.51a9c6c8e51e4038f1117add0d34f264.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Timebandit said:

Green and black Delights ?

Bit disappointed to see the wrong diagonal in the case spoiling the symmetry . It should be a Televue one to complement the rest of the case shouldn't it ?

Nice quality case you have . Well done ?

Nah I like the t2 connectivity for binoviewers  ? contrary to my eyepieces Televue don't do everything best.

Nice set Shane and I mean diagonal and the eyepieces :thumbright:

I think you reach a point when you stop reading the comparisons and wondering if "the grass is greener" elsewhere and get on with enjoying what you know works for you :icon_biggrin:

47 minutes ago, John said:

I think you reach a point when you stop reading the comparisons and wondering if "the grass is greener" elsewhere and get on with enjoying what you know works for you :icon_biggrin:

Definitely John. I think i am at the point where I know what I like in terms of apparent field and design etc and seem more resistant to hype. There's a certain degree of freedom in this I feel.

Obviously other people have different views but that's fine too. For instance people are sometimes surprised I have not gone for pairs of 24mm/19mm Pans but the weight issue and the fact I don't need more field for my chosen bv objects means I am completely content with the plossls field and other characteristics.

Feast for the eyes that case full Shane, and the sights they'll deliver will be a veritable Banquet no doubt.                         You  must have every facet of stellar observations covered with that regiment of EP's . Must have taken a while to put together.  Nice just to look at them.

47 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Definitely ...  I know what I like ... more resistant to hype ...a certain degree of freedom ... that's fine ... I don't need more field ... I am completely content ...

Well that’ll be that, then, eh?

Ah.

I thought 'over' meant 'over until TV comes with their new line.' That's going to be 90°, flat field, 18 mm eye relief, fully corrected edge to edge, down to f/3.5 and all in crystal clear, tone free glass. Nobody will be able to resist it.

Shane what a fantastic set of EPs. The TV Plossl Doubles must be great in your fracs with the binoviewers. I know that you preferred the Delites over the Delos and I seriously considered buying from Green Witch this month with the 25% discount because of Neil's retirement. I note that the 7mm Delite is still available.

Anyway you may not be buying any more EPs but you may decide to upgrade your fracs to one of the new 125mm Doublets :happy11:

Are we allowed to run a sweepstake on the next eyepiece purchase date?

I've stopped looking at different eyepiece makes and I'm happy with what I've got except that SLV don't do 8mm so I've got a BST on the way, and I keep thinking a 10mm Delos would be good (I've got 12 and 8 and often feel they are bracketing the best spot).

23 minutes ago, Paz said:

Are we allowed to run a sweepstake on the next eyepiece purchase date?

I've stopped looking at different eyepiece makes and I'm happy with what I've got except that SLV don't do 8mm so I've got a BST on the way, and I keep thinking a 10mm Delos would be good (I've got 12 and 8 and often feel they are bracketing the best spot).

I have stopped looking also to buy eyepieces . But people on SGL keep putting temptation in my way on the for sales section on the SGL site. And when a LVW came up recently then " it said buy me " ?

People must stop tempting me ??

1 hour ago, Timebandit said:

I have stopped looking also to buy eyepieces . But people on SGL keep putting temptation in my way on the for sales section on the SGL site. And when a LVW came up recently then " it said buy me " ?

People must stop tempting me ??

I agree, you think you're done and then one more thing comes up!

Archived