Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where is it possible to get a ham radio capable of transmitting 1420 mhz?

mkp04

I am still a beginner within the astronomy community and astronomy itself, now i've had my first telescope for a year (looking to upgrade my equipment next year. Excluding telescope) and i want to begin with radio astronomy (and broadcasting). Now, i personally belive that humans have made contact with extra-terrestrials (call me crazy), and the government is keeping it a secret. So i want a radio transmitter and reciever capable of transmitting and recieving 1420 mhz frequency. I've been looking for one for a while now, without any luck. And if it's not possible to buy one that can instantly use 1420 mhz frequency, perhaps you could help me find one that could be modified to do so as i would like to be able to do it. PS It's probably a good idea to mention that i live in Denmark, though shipping most likely won't be a problem :D... Oh and is 1420 mhz still illegal to transmit? Okay it is, so just come with a radio transmitter and reciever suggestion, forget about 1420 mhz :D.

Why do you want to transmit at this frequency? This frequency is usually called the hydrogen line and reserved for listening radio astronomers. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_line

In the danish frequency plan transmission on this frequency is forbidden. https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=190132#id8290c825-2945-4113-b191-d1301b41e96a

Therefore I woluld strongly advise against trying to repurpose a radio transmitter for use on this frequency. 

2 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

Think your asking for trouble, it certainly will not be legal to transmit there.
The UK ham 23cms band is at 1240-1325, not sure about Denmark, you may have restrictions.

Hmm, yes. I just want the possibility to be honest, as i'd really like to get abducted by Aliens lol.

3 minutes ago, robinst said:

Why do you want to transmit at this frequency? This frequency is usually called the hydrogen line and reserved for listening radio astronomers. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_line

In the danish frequency plan transmission on this frequency is forbidden. https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=190132#id8290c825-2945-4113-b191-d1301b41e96a

Therefore I woluld strongly advise against trying to repurpose a radio transmitter for use on this frequency. 

Yes, perhaps i shouldn't, but i would still love the possibility. So please come with suggestions if you have any :D

I don’t think any serious person with the knowledge here will help you with this task, as the only possible outcome is that your transmitter will disturb someone else’s radio astronomy Receiver. No one will listen and answer to your transmissions at that frqency band, just leave it alone. 

My guess is that you are rather more likely to get abducted by the Danish National Telecommunication and IT Agency.

This website promote responsible astronomy and transmitting on the H-line is likely to cause problems for radio astronomers. Please don't do it.

Actually I should not have posted --- first rule of the internet, "Don't Feed the Troll".

1 minute ago, robinst said:

I don’t think any serious person with the knowledge here will help you with this task, as the only possible outcome is that your transmitter will disturb someone else’s radio astronomy Receiver. No one will listen and answer to your transmissions at that frqency band, just leave it alone. 

Alright, i don't know how to modify one either so... Yeah, but i still need a radio :D

16 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

My guess is that you are rather more likely to get abducted by the Danish National Telecommunication and IT Agency.

This website promote responsible astronomy and transmitting on the H-line is likely to cause problems for radio astronomers. Please don't do it.

Seems like a good idea not to, but i still need a radio transmitter and reciever :D... Ps i don't know how to modify one either so, yeah :D . Forgot to mention that it does not need to be 1420 mhz....

1 hour ago, mkp04 said:

Now, i personally belive that humans have made contact with extra-terrestrials (call me crazy)

Happy to oblige. You are crazy.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but you know, if the tin foil cap fits..........

4 minutes ago, Tim said:

Happy to oblige. You are crazy.

I'm not a doctor or anything, but you know, if the tin foil cap fits..........

Hahaha xD. I know what you mean, i just really want to belive they have since i love the idea of extra-terrestrial life! xD

• Ant locked this topic

Archived