Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photoshop - Very Pixelated Image

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to process a calibrated image (tif generated from DSS) in Photoshop CC, but it looks very pixelated. When I save the processed image and open it in Windows Image Viewer it looks fine. Its only inside Photoshop that the image is very pixelated.

I'll post a picture when I get home but the effect is so obvious hopefully if anyone has come across it they can help. I'm not sure if its a setting I need to change in Photoshop or is there is another issue.

Andy.

38 minutes ago, knobby said:

Try zooming to 100%, Photoshop seems to redraw in a weird way.

Okay, will try this.

Also I'm wondering if tweaking cache settings may help. I found this on the Adobe website:

Adjust cache levels

Cache basics

Photoshop uses image caching to speed up the redrawing of high-resolution documents while you're working on them. You can specify up to eight levels of cached image data and choose one of the four available cache tile sizes.

Increasing cache levels improves Photoshop’s responsiveness while you work, although images may take longer to load. The cache tile size determines the amount of data on which Photoshop operates at a time. Bigger tile sizes speed up complex operations, such as sharpening filters. Smaller changes, such as brush strokes, are more responsive with smaller tile sizes.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived