Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with a Star Adventurer

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 13:09, Shelster1973 said:

Aye that would be good

I updated mine to the advanced firmware. That gives good control over the timer and it also flashes to show what you have set too

Just a quick question, once you start the sequence, is it possible to pause to look over the images then continue ?

Yes, I have always saved to the memory card then process etc on the desktop. I use a laptop and BYEOS when I shoot here at home and normally I go out from time to time just to check on it and review the images taken up until that point, then press continue. I am very much looking forward to shooting without hauling around a powertank and laptop. Thanks.

26169128_10156865118579989_8942893355306986416_n.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Randalloverby said:

Yes, I have always saved to the memory card then process etc on the desktop. I use a laptop and BYEOS when I shoot here at home and normally I go out from time to time just to check on it and review the images taken up until that point, then press continue. I am very much looking forward to shooting without hauling around a powertank and laptop. Thanks.

26169128_10156865118579989_8942893355306986416_n.jpg

Uh you are slightly overloading it :)

Keep as light as possible to track longer with accuracy

1 hour ago, serbiadarksky said:

Uh you are slightly overloading it :)

Keep as light as possible to track longer with accuracy

Oh I know, just added the extra camera cause it looked cool, LOL, the balance with the 5D and the 70-200 on top is perfect though. The tripod is a Manfrotto that I bought just for this but its not as stable as I had hoped. I added a sandbag to the center column which helps out a lot.

1 minute ago, Randalloverby said:

Oh I know, just added the extra camera cause it looked cool, LOL, the balance with the 5D and the 70-200 on top is perfect though. The tripod is a Manfrotto that I bought just for this but its not as stable as I had hoped. I added a sandbag to the center column which helps out a lot.

Manfrotto is common with the SA, but i never understand why people do that stupid thing...for 65€ you get the SA tripod which is designed for the SA, but no, instead of doing that a lot of imagers (i did that stupid thing to.....) buy manfrotto for 200€+..

1 minute ago, serbiadarksky said:

Manfrotto is common with the SA, but i never understand why people do that stupid thing...for 65€ you get the SA tripod which is designed for the SA, but no, instead of doing that a lot of imagers (i did that stupid thing to.....) buy manfrotto for 200€+..

4 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

Oh, I never saw that. Probably would have gotten it otherwise. On a positive note, I needed an extra Manfrotto for my photography...still may end up getting it. LOL

3 weeks bvor ,had the opurtunity to try a dark Zone in Asia with SA / 600da and a 50mm lens.

Only headache is the PA, but with 50 mm lens its quiet Ok. 15 Frames @ 300s.

CS

Rush

RGB%20On.jpg

PLds%20WF.jpg

• Like 5

The past two night's have been clear here and I began taking exposures of Simeis 147 (Spaghetti Nebula) as suggested by serbiadarksky :-)

For Christmas I received a modded Canon 700D DSLR and an Astronomik clip-in Ha 12nm filter which were both used with the SA mount capturing exposures on both nights. The image below is a slightly cropped composite from 28x 600s plus 1x 780s and 5 x 900s light frames (in total just over 6 hours) at 85mm, f/2 and ISO 200 together with 32 assorted dark frames and a master flat and bias frame (each from x50 exposures). The frames were stacked In DSS and processed in StarTools.

Judging by what others have employed in terms of hours of exposures to image this faint region I'm still happy to have imaged something I would never be able to observe from where I live.

5a53eae96e66f_SpaghettiNebula6hrs.thumb.jpg.ef79ce460d7f13dca7deeaa545f7f503.jpg

At the 2 o'clock position in the composition is Elnath and to the left, M37.

Cheers,
Steve

• Like 7

Hi Wirral man,

Thanks for the photo of your imaging equipment. I'm always impressed by the inventiveness associated with astronomy, I particularly like your extra weight below your tripod-hey even the colour matches the rest of the gear. Good luck with your future imaging and processing and don't let the light pollution spoil your enjoyment.

Best wishes,
Steve

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SteveNickolls said:

Hi Wirral man,

Thanks for the photo of your imaging equipment. I'm always impressed by the inventiveness associated with astronomy, I particularly like your extra weight below your tripod-hey even the colour matches the rest of the gear. Good luck with your future imaging and processing and don't let the light pollution spoil your enjoyment.

Best wishes,
Steve

thanks ste i wont be giving up!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knobby said:

Any of you peeps know where I can get a AP-R3N (N3) 

Its hopefully the cable for the sam to a Nikon D5300 ?

FLO say, unavailable.

Cheers

Rother valley optics are showing stock

• Thanks 1