SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Alan Gee Mark II Telecompressor

Demonperformer

not this one in particular, but I use a Hirsch f6.3 focal reducer/flattener.... It speeds up your exposure times and widens the FOV... I get much better tracking accuracy when autoguiding using a OAG through the FR and teh amount of detail is probably better through a FR than imaging at native 2032mm FL... I say probaby because the school is still out on that one... I had better and worse image through both FR and native FL, so it might be sky condition dependent, but the FR is definitely better when wanting to image a larger object.

Yes, I understand the general principle, but it is something specific to this model to which I need an answer. I tried posting on a different forum and got a string of answers to questions I wasn't asking and when I pushed for specific answers to my questions got a "Don't know, never used it" response!

So I'm trying to find someone who actually has used one before I go into it in detail again.

Archived