SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pleiades with Quattro and 1000D

Carl M

First time taking flats and adding them to an image, they make processing a lot easier when the background is uniform. I don't think they were perfect but they've definitely helped. Will be making sure to take them for every image in the future.

28 x 300s at ISO 800 - 2hr 20mins worth of subs

36 flat frames, no darks or bias

Dithered with APT and PHD2

Full spectrum 1000D with Astronomik CLS-CCD clip filter

Quattro 8s on EQ6 guided with ST80 and ASI120MC

m45v2.thumb.jpg.3eb9a579cc268950b4a2cc55ca2b06bb.jpg

Thinking of revisiting this soon to get some more data and eliminate some noise, but pretty pleased with what's there in 2 hours and 20 mins.

Thanks for looking,

Carl

9 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Great work carl?? Btw  Startools has some modules to help with noise if you weren’t aware  and it’s free to try 

I may give Startools a try. I can do it in Photoshop too but the trouble is I want to bring out more dust as well as eliminate noise. Think for that it's best to just get more data, unfortunately had to throw away a load of subs from the end of the night.

6 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Lovely! Great detail and star colour. 

Cheers! Your Ha images with the 1000D are mightily impressive, convinced me to make a 12nm Ha clip filter my next purchase.

Archived