BST Starguiders

fozzybear

help wanted

I currently have a celestron c5 vintage "planets-moon" and a skywatcher 150pds for visual then maybe photo still trying it out, upgrading my eyepieces from stock already purchased BST 18mm after searching on the forum then my son,s bought me an BST 8mm for my birthday what will fill the gap after the stock 2" 28mm  supplied with the 150pds. I have also a 25mm celestron std  10mm es 70" and LV zoom (not happy with it) came with the c5. circa 2000 a bit rough.

thankyou

andy

Is the 150pds focuser one of the Skywatcher focusers where you have a 2" eyepiece holder and a 1.25" eyepiece holder and have to switch them depending on which size eyepiece you're using? If it is and you're now using a 2"-1.25" adaptor instead of the 1.25" eyepiece holder then it is normal for all eyepieces that you would use the 2"-1.25" adaptor in the 2" eyepiece holder. 

3 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Is the 150pds focuser one of the Skywatcher focusers where you have a 2" eyepiece holder and a 1.25" eyepiece holder and have to switch them depending on which size eyepiece you're using? If it is and you're now using a 2"-1.25" adaptor instead of the 1.25" eyepiece holder then it is normal for all eyepieces that you would use the 2"-1.25" adaptor in the 2" eyepiece holder. 

thanks for the info and yes, exactly 2" focuser tube  then 2" ext then 2" to 1.25 self centering adapter to fit eyepiece

2 hours ago, Charic said:

Only use ONE adaptor. The 2" adaptor/extension is only for 2" eyepieces.  

Don't have both the 2" adaptor AND the 2 to 1.25" in the focuser at the same time.

The 2" to 1.25" self centring adaptor does fit into the 2" extension tube.

I do have a couple of eyepieces that won't focus and needed a low profile self centring adapter to achieve focus, but the BST eyepieces were OK.

However, the 1.25" adaptor that @Charic is talking about is the stock one that is a 1.25" extension which fits straight into the draw tube of the focuser and won't focus if fitted to the 2" extension.

7 hours ago, AdeKing said:

However, the 1.25" adaptor that @Charic is talking about is the stock one that is a 1.25" extension which fits straight into the draw tube of the focuser and won't focus if fitted to the 2" extension.

That is correct, that was the item I was referring too, thinking the issue is prevalent, I should have further checked! however, thanks to @AdeKing, I've  learnt something new today.
Sorry fozzybear for any inaccuracy :mad:

hi just an update,

I have a Revelation 2" to 1.25" Self Center Adapter that I put into the draw tube on the focuser. if I fit a 1.25" eyepiece then I cannot achieve focus yet if I use the 2" extension supplied and then fit the Revelation 2" to 1.25" Self Center Adapter I am able to achieve focus. I know that you are supposed to use the supplied 2" to 1.25" adapter supplied by skywatcher for 1.25" eyepieces but the self centering is more solid on the eyepieces

Archived