SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dark Art or Magic Bullet - New book by Steve Richards

FLO

8 hours ago, Charic said:

FLO, My book arrived today, safe and sound, many thanks.

Mine to, excellent service, and a big thanks to Steve for the time and effort put into it, 

look forward to reading it, 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, JemC said:

and a big thanks to Steve for the time and effort put into it, 

My pleasure, I hope you enjoy reading it.

FLO now have the book back in stock and I have a regime in place to ensure that that happy situation continues in the future!

43 minutes ago, Aidan said:

“would you like that for Xmas?”

Its definitely their time of weakness, not knowing what to get ?.......I unintentionally  used a similar technique last Year, and obtained a new synthesiser  :happy7:

This Year, Ive suggested giving her my MacBook! she's very keen on the offer, not bothered that it's 'used'  but then she  clicked! "how much is that going to cost, no doubt you'll need another one?" she quipped. CAUGHT!

I've also gone the other way, suggesting I'd just like 'XXXX" for my Christmas present? "Is that all you want ? " she replied.

Just a waiting game now!

Mine arrived yesterday.  It's gone straight upstairs so my wife can wrapped it as one of her Christmas presents to me (can't wait for the surprise). Her other present to me is the much awaited second edition of Allan Chapman's 'The Victorian Amateur Astronomer'

On 06/12/2017 at 19:23, steppenwolf said:

My pleasure, I hope you enjoy reading it.

FLO now have the book back in stock and I have a regime in place to ensure that that happy situation continues in the future!

Does that mnmean if ordered now it will arrive in time for Crimbo?

8 hours ago, RayD said:

Great book Steve, and written in such a way as to be informative but not difficult.

Love it.

Thank you, Ray, I'm delighted that you are enjoying the book - the writing 'style' (? :icon_biggrin:) is the same as that used in MEPC as I have tried to place myself in the position of someone new to the techniques.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a copy after seeing it appear in a photo on one of the posts of SGL. Very happy!

I struggle with the processing side of astro photography and a book like this is a boon as it covers many subjects and differing processing software packages in a very logical way. Not just useful for beginners but intermediate AP aficionados too. Well illustrated too.

I've wasted a lot of time looking at some pretty badly presented You Tube videos on the matter, there are some good but it takes some sifting to find them.

I can also make my own notes on post-its and attach to the pages for reference if I find another tweak.

Great book and a good companion to MEPC.

15 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Does this book cover how to bring out all the dark, dusty stuff? That's what I'm struggling with at the moment.

Oh yes, it does!

5 hours ago, baggywrinkle said:

I struggle with the processing side of astro photography and a book like this is a boon as it covers many subjects and differing processing software packages in a very logical way. Not just useful for beginners but intermediate AP aficionados too. Well illustrated too.

That's great to hear - I'm delighted that it has hit the spot!

2 hours ago, andyo said:

Got my book and after glancing through it am very happy with the topics it covers in my opinion certainly not JUST for beginners, wish this book had been about many years ago, well done Steve

Thanks, Andy - I hope that the way the book is written will take readers from beginner topics through to intermediate and perhaps beyond as we all have different ways of doing things so there is always an opportunity to learn something new no matter how experienced you are - I never stop learning new stuff in processing!

• 4 months later...

Archived