Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade LXD 75 RA out by 180° after park

Fish

My mount is permanently set up and I don' think I have had to realign for 3 years or more. I had a poor power connecton and lost my alignment as I lost power to the mount during a session. Repaired power plug and realigned the mount. Proceeded to observe and accuracy is good. Park the scope as normal . Next time I power up all seems OK,  I slew to an object and basically the back end of the scope points to the target . The time is in 24hr format, I have checked the location setting . Once aligned the scope works fine it' just after parking that this happens, at the moment I'm just doing an alignment every time . Im pretty sure I'm missing something as its a long time since I have had to align my mount. Any ideas?

Hi Keith

Switch on from Park position, enter time and date, then GoTo a known star.

Wherever the scope ends up pointing, manually slew to the star you selected.

Then SYNC (Hold ENTER down for 2 secs, then ENTER again to SYNC).

Park the scope and switch off.

Switch on and enter time and date again, then try a GoTo.

If it's still misbehaving then I don't know, but SYNCing after switch-on is quicker than doing an Alignment.

Michael

Thanks Michael I will give that a go, last night it slewed to the east instead of the West but while connected to sky safari showed the scope going to the correct location and it's not out by the same amount all the time. It is like it's a time or date issue. Last night I made sure time and date settings are correct and selected Manchester as my site rather than custom setting. Will see what happens next time.

Archived