sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Naturally this is a popular target with guests, which means I can accumulate data and combine it to keep chipping away at the quality of the final image. Last night we ran the dual Tak rig on this for

... and all because astronomers love ... M42!

Super image, and astounding how you tamed the dynamic range. M42 must be one of the most complex structures drifting out there. Btw, the law of diminishing returns is always an hour away.

Super image, and astounding how you tamed the dynamic range. M42 must be one of the most complex structures drifting out there.

Btw, the law of diminishing returns is always an hour away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, spaceman_spiff said:

Wow! Nicely done. I like the running man. It really looks like someone's cut into the side of the nebula.

That's going in my desktop background folder...if that's OK with you?

Dan.

Be my guest and thanks for the kind comments.

The same applies to all who've commented.

Clear skies,

Olly

• Like 2
7 hours ago, wimvb said:

Super image, and astounding how you tamed the dynamic range. M42 must be one of the most complex structures drifting out there.

Btw, the law of diminishing returns is always an hour away.

:icon_biggrin:

I used Ps Layer masking to cover the dynamic range. It's a method I learned from the ever-helpful Jerry Lodigruss some years ago. 

http://www.astropix.com/html/j_digit/laymask.html

Olly

I'm beginning to think you don't live in France and are actually living on the dark side of the Moon. That's a beautiful image. All the nicer for being such a wide field. I can see this is a nice start to a mosaic leading up to the HH and Flame though...

• Like 1