Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chair for Bino viewing

ChrisCM

Hi Guys,

I've just ordered myself one of the Ukrainian P mounts from Valentin to use with my 25x100s. (seems I'm getting the Mk3 version!), anyway, in order to use the mount in comfort I'm looking for a folding reclining chair that will be small/light enough to take camping. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris 

Got myself a HiGear Vermont from GO Outdoors last summer. Folds flat, quite light, reclines to a useful angle. Firm, non-saggy. very good lumbar support. Not nearly as big a a zero-gravity chair, but still slightly obtrusively large in the tent (a 4m bell tent), but fine outside it. Folds flat and I keep it in the car now for casual use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard,

Still waiting to receive it, hopefully by the end of next week, if you look further down the threads you’ll find one about parallelogram mounts, one of the posters on there has received his and has posted some photos and impressions. When I get mine I’ll do a review.

Chris

Another from Go Outdoors. I use the TF Gear chill out chair when away from home when using binoculars............http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/chill-out-chair-p157148.

At home the Kitchen chair with its high back makes a perfect neck support.

At the scope I use the Gear4Music drum stool, as I don't need to lean back!.........https://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Drum-Throne-Stool-by-Gear4music/8BT

Archived