SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Issue with AVX Mount

Randalloverby

I had an issue last night while slewing where it would stop then start back in a jerking fashion, so after looking at it today I noticed the silver collar ( for lack of a better name) would move up slightly then go back down. I could actually put my finger on top to keep it from moving up and it would slew perfectly. Does anyone know what is causing this ? Thanks for any advice.

20171115_135752.jpg

2 hours ago, Shelster1973 said:

Also look here for another instalment in my avx adventures

My additions are towards the end, but plenty of great info in there from @Thalestris24

Thanks for sharing. I did setup up briefly last night and everything ran smoothly so far. Hopefully I will get to image some tonight and see how tracking is doing.

Just an update on my mount and perhaps a rant. There are issues with the DEC motor freezing up while tracking. High speed slewing is fine though, which makes me think there is some friction or perhaps a motor problem. Either way I've already sent it back to Celestron "before" for another unrelated issue. I'm just gonna keep it for lunar and solar observing and quit spending so much time trying to get it to work the way it was meant to work. Now, after saying that, I am looking at the Star Adventurer, LOL. Thanks for all the help guys.

Archived