Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gas Giants App updated for iOS11

Littleguy80

Gas Giants is a handy little app for checking positions of the moons around Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. It wasn’t a 64 bit app so stopped working under iOS11...until today! An update was released and it’s now working on iOS11. I’m pleased to have it back :) 

I have a lot of useful apps that are not IOS11 compatible, like for example, Photogene 4, Daylight, sunseeker and Gym buddy... heaps of them.. and doesn't look like they will be updated... Gym Buddy and Photogene are two apps that are the reason more than others that I will never update to IOS 11 on my current phone, and looks like I might be going to Samsung Galaxy as my next phone is Apple will play garbage games like this.... 

13 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

I have a lot of useful apps that are not IOS11 compatible, like for example, Photogene 4, Daylight, sunseeker and Gym buddy... heaps of them.. and doesn't look like they will be updated... Gym Buddy and Photogene are two apps that are the reason more than others that I will never update to IOS 11 on my current phone, and looks like I might be going to Samsung Galaxy as my next phone is Apple will play garbage games like this.... 

It’s a tough one. Windows has a lot issues through trying to support all kinds of old apps. Apple’s position of forcing developers to update does allow them to progress the platform without compromise through supporting lots of legacy apps. It just sucks when a developer doesn’t update their app to keep it supported 

2 hours ago, Littleguy80 said:

It’s a tough one. Windows has a lot issues through trying to support all kinds of old apps. Apple’s position of forcing developers to update does allow them to progress the platform without compromise through supporting lots of legacy apps. It just sucks when a developer doesn’t update their app to keep it supported 

It wouldn't be hard for apple to keep 32bit backwards compatibility... they just like to be in control... and screw more money out of their customers... the reason why iPhone 8 and X sales have dropped to record low, I believe is partly due to old apps not working... users spend money on apps and now have to spend money again on alternate apps... 

developers not updating to 64bit is also slack, but if apple didn't have a fee or a cut with every Apple Store update than perhaps more would be eager to update.

i recently upgraded my iPhone and I'll last me 3-5 years... I'll stick with iOS 10 until it's time to get a new phone and by than I'll find app replacements on android, galaxy phones.

Samsung Galaxy the name is even more appropriate as a Astro phone ;-)

Archived