Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
VilleM

Suitable all sky lens for ASI174MM-C

Hi! Does anyone here use ASI174 for all sky camera - what lens youre using? Im planning to install one I have (174MM-C) on my balcony, but I cant find suitable lens for it. I tried the one that comes with ASI120, but sensor is too deep in the camera to reach focus at infinity.

I do have adapter to mount Canon EF or M42 lenses to my camera, however I would like to use physically smaller lens - Im looking for wide angle or fisheye. It doesnt have to cover all sky since my view is very limited (approx FoV 45 degrees horizontal and 80 degrees vertical).

Do any of the C or CS mount lenses focus at infinity with my camera? Backfocus distance is approx. 17.5mm.

This one works nicely on my ASI-174mm, I also have a tiny 35mm lens says "made in japan" but I can't remember where I picked it up at. 

Screenshot (124) - Copy.jpg