Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bubble to Cave - Now in colour!

Uranium235

Smashing night last night ey? ;)

No moon, and a perfect sky - just right for grabbing OIII. So I managed to get in three 2hr panels - enough to put colour into the image. And for a change I've gone for a bit of star colour as well :) being as it is not a cannistra process image (though I might try one of those later this week).

Ideally, I'd like to take the Ha luminance up to 8 hours per panel in order to beat down the noise a bit more for the pixel peepers - but for now 6 hours per panel in Ha will be enough to get the general gist of what the image is about. Tons of layer masks went into this in order to keep the bubble under control, as well as layering in a bubble from the 130pds - which sharpened it up really nicely. The colour has turned out alright too (for a change!).

24x900 (Ha_L), 8x900 (Ha_R), 8x900 (OIII B&G) x panels

Star 71, NEQ6, Atik 383L+

Thanks for looking! :)

24527528008_a55e19f6ff_k.jpg

7 hours ago, Rodd said:

Wow--I never realized they were so close!  That's great work.

Rodd

Thanks Rodd :)  Its been a bit of aneye opener for me too, as I didnt know there was so muc background Ha in this area.... thats why Im having to put in the extra time to make sure its noise-free. I think the total project time will end being about 40 hours (is this weekend turns out to be clear as forecast).

3 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

Wow! That is an amazing image!! Both visually and the amount of work put into it :)

Thanks Martin, still a little way to go yet before I can be completely satisfied though! I think I'll be sticking with just the three panels, as I dont want other stuff to be passing me by (need to catch-up on M31 and M45).

On 15/11/2017 at 18:00, harry page said:

Hi

deserves a high res version that for a good pixel peeping session :)

Perhaps a tad oversaturated for me , but most excellent work

Harry  

Cheers Harry :)  It will go through another revision before I can call it a day (or night!), the gear is out there at the mo gathering more Ha to tidy up the noise in the darker areas.

Archived