Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar.thumb.jpg.ef4882eb5fb3610f8a68e5e6913de0e3.jpg

hobsey

Lens Clear Out (Canon fit)

hobsey    1,595

I have been pining for a Canon super telephoto lens for some time now and I'm going to be biting the bullet and purchasing it in January, so I'm having a bit of a clear out of lens I no longer use except for one which the Canon will be replacing.

All my prices have been compared to Wex and MPB and I think my prices are very reasonable.

These have not been advertised elsewhere yet as I wanted you lot to get first dibs.

Canon 70-200mm f4 IS

This lens has been pretty much unused since I got the 100-400mm mkii and so has been stored away.

The quality of this lens is amazing at a constant f4 and this lens gave me the 'L' lens bug.

Excellent, almost as new besides light marks on the lens hood. No marks on the barrel itself and clean and clear optics with no dust that I can see.

Comes with hood, front and rear caps, box and leather pouch.

£600 inc P+P to UK mainland only. Payment via bank transfer.

38359720511_bdd625c638_c.jpg

Canon 70-200mm f4 IS by Anthony Hobbs, on Flickr

If you wish to come and view the lenses and try them out before you buy, then you are more than welcome to as I would also prefer this then I know you are going away happy and I will take £12 off the cost for no P+P. Location GU6

Sigma 150-600mm Sport

This lens was purchased in June from Park Cameras and is still under warranty.

I had plans to keep this lens for a very long time but I just can't resist the temptation of a Canon super telephoto for much longer.

The overall condition of this lens is excellent only small number of light marks on the barrel and lens hood from use in bird hides rubbing on the wood work when at rest. With a lens of this size and weight it's going to happen.

The optics are clean and clear with no dust that I can see.

I have upgraded the tripod foot with one that has a Arca Swiss type mounting making it more secure on the tripod, as you know these aren't that cheap.

I will also throw in the USB dock to allow you to customise your settings to suite your needs.

Comes with hood, front and rear cap, carry case and box.

24488583208_7f93decf81_c.jpg

Sigma 150-600mm Sport by Anthony Hobbs, on Flickr

24488579278_bdccde2b8d_c.jpg

Sigma 150-600mm Sport front element by Anthony Hobbs, on Flickr

24488581018_6f20c163fe_c.jpg

Sigma 150-600mm Sport tripod foot by Anthony Hobbs, on Flickr

£1000 this is collection only due to size and weight from GU6 location.

I have been as truthful and as honest as I can as I know these are expensive purchases.

Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or if it's something that could help out a potential buyer, then please post it on here.

Edited by hobsey
  • Like 3

RichM63    3,294

Having previously purchased my Tamron 150-600 from Anthony, I can only say that he was very honest in his description of condition etc, and clearly he does look after his kit.

Personally I would not hesitate to make another private purchase from him, and may yet do so, if I move one of the big Tamrons along, before he sells the Sigma. (I can't justify 3x super tele zooms even though that would give me a lot of fun comparing).

My experience from purchasing from Anthony (Hobsey) was a real pleasure. :)

Rich

• Thanks 1

JOC    1,309

I read the advert and just wished I was sitting on a lottery win - it all looks fabulous kit, I'd love to own any one of them, let alone be in a position to sell them all!

Edited by JOC
  • Like 2

Tim    2,648

Wow, brave decision Anthony, those are some seriously nice lenses, hope it works out for you.

You'd have to pry my f2.8 70-200 L from my cold dead fingers :p

• Thanks 1

hobsey    1,595
10 hours ago, Tim said:

Wow, brave decision Anthony, those are some seriously nice lenses, hope it works out for you.

Thank you.

Edited by hobsey
  • Like 1

Davey-T    9,258

Very tempted by the 135mm, already got the other 2 Canons, as said by others I've previously purchased from Anthony no prob's :)

Dave

• Thanks 1

Tubby Bear    109

I can recommend the 135F2

Reputed to be one of the sharpest primes Canon have ever made.

Its certainly impressive to me.

Edited by Tubby Bear
typos
  • Like 1

hobsey    1,595

After much thinking, I have withdrawn the 135mm f2 from sale as I'm thinking about getting back into astrophotography and this is the perfect lens to do it with. Plus I need 3 qualifying lesnes to stay a member of the CPS.

If I don't have much luck, it will be going back up for sale along with a star adventurer.

I will however be putting something else up for sale which will be of much more interest to a ot more people on here.

Davey-T    9,258
4 hours ago, hobsey said:

After much thinking, I have withdrawn the 135mm f2 from sale as I'm thinking about getting back into astrophotography and this is the perfect lens to do it with. Plus I need 3 qualifying lesnes to stay a member of the CPS.

:hmh:

Dave

hobsey    1,595
3 hours ago, Davey-T said:

:hmh:

Dave

Sorry Dave, Pmed you with a response to your reply. ;)

I thought you were just making a passing comment. 

If you'e generally interested, I will sell it to you.

Edited by hobsey
  • Like 1

RichM63    3,294
On 11/15/2017 at 10:42, hobsey said:

If I don't have much luck, it will be going back up for sale along with a star adventurer.

I will however be putting something else up for sale which will be of much more interest to a ot more people on here.

I'd like a boat for Xmas. ;)

• Like 1