Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How safe is buying from FLO?

1 minute ago, FLO said:

I am not sure what you mean, which aspects do you have in mind?

I think the page I linked to covers all the basics. 

Steve

Anything that is mint out of the box, but might get slightly marked in first fitting/use. Think screwing in a filter, clamping in an eyepiece or diagonal, or a smudged lens even. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, 25585 said:

Anything that is mint out of the box, but might get slightly marked in first fitting/use. Think screwing in a filter, clamping in an eyepiece or diagonal, or a smudged lens even. 

That isn't a problem, it's covered on the page I linked to: 

• You must take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession.

We understand that for someone to form an opinion on an eyepiece, filter, etc, they must first use it. 

If you have taken reasonable care of the item we will accept it back, within 30-days.

Items returned to us this way are checked then listed with reduced prices at our website's Offers page and the FLO Clearance Offers section here at SGL (the ones described as 'Customer Return'). 

Does that help?  

Steve 

3 hours ago, FLO said:

That isn't a problem, it's covered on the page I linked to: 

• You must take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession.

We understand that for someone to form an opinion on an eyepiece, filter, etc, they must first use it. 

If you have taken reasonable care of the item we will accept it back, within 30-days.

Items returned to us this way are checked then listed with reduced prices at our website's Offers page and the FLO Clearance Offers section here at SGL (the ones described as 'Customer Return'). 

Does that help?  

Steve 

That's a lot more honest than most US retailers.  Stories abound on CN about people getting supposedly new eyepieces with notes tucked inside the packaging detailing the problems found causing the return.  Once they bring it up on CN, someone inevitably pipes up and says it was he or she who returned it and wrote the note.

23 hours ago, wxsatuser said:

For your peace of mind, whoever you buy from make sure the site is secure by looking at the address bar in your browser.

Hopefully it will have https and a green padlock, this tells you that the site is who it says it is and the connection is secure.
This also means information flowing between you and the site is highly encrypted, no green padlock, beware!

FLO are top notch and no hesitation in recommending them.

BTW
I'm a diehard internet shopper and spend many thousands a year with cards, for myself and for my firm.
To be honest my card has been done twice both times my bank informed me before I had any idea.
They have always accepted that it was'nt me committing the fraud but have never divulged any info about it.
This has never put me off internet shopping and quite few firms hold my card details, Paypal and Amazon for instance.

To ensure a safer connection, you can install a free addon from the Electronic Frontier Foundation to make ALL your connections 'https' from this link:

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

Works on many popular browsers. FLO may be very secure, but malevolent bots are always about for their hacker-masters!

Now back to your regular program!

Dave

• 1 month later...

It is too late now, i was going to warn you from FLO.....

I bought my first ever equipment in April this year[mount + scope], AND............

I can't stop buying from them again and again, EXCELLENT SERVICE AND PRODUCTS!

Thank you very much FirstLightOptics, you made my nights in astronomy, and keep up your excellent service, amazing vendor out there!

On 11/11/2017 at 19:55, M Astronomy said:

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy some stuff from FLO. It has been praised by many on this forum and nobody has seemed to have any issues with it. What I'd like to know is how safe the site is. I see you have to pay by with an external site - how safe is this site? I just like to know how secure a website is before putting any personal details in, you know? Has anyone had any problems with hacked accounts? Thanks in advance, I'm sure the site is safe, just checking for peace of mind.

Use of external payment handlers is exceedingly common - the requirements for PCI DSS compliance (for handling credit card transactions) pose a high hurdle for small retailers. It's much more cost effective and practical to outsource this to a third party and do the payment hand off as part of the checkout process. 

Thank-you for the kind comments :smile: 

3 minutes ago, Mr niall said:

I’ve bought from them a few times, no probs at all. Yes I’m not a fan of sage pay, much prefer PayPal (cos I’m lazy!)

No problem, we offer both SagePay & PayPal. 

PayPal does appear to be growing in popularity. 

Steve 

On 12/19/2017 at 12:53, FLO said:

Thank-you for the kind comments :smile: 

No problem, we offer both SagePay & PayPal. 

PayPal does appear to be growing in popularity. 

Steve 

SagePay is unheard of here in the states while PayPal is huge.  Most websites now accept it.  For point of sale for small businesses, Square is probably the most popular here.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:55, M Astronomy said:

Hi everyone!

I'm looking to buy some stuff from FLO. It has been praised by many on this forum and nobody has seemed to have any issues with it. What I'd like to know is how safe the site is. I see you have to pay by with an external site - how safe is this site? I just like to know how secure a website is before putting any personal details in, you know? Has anyone had any problems with hacked accounts? Thanks in advance, I'm sure the site is safe, just checking for peace of mind.

several dozens of items, £Ks spent, and never a problem.

SagePay is a recognised electronic payment systems

The staff are brilliant, incredibly helpful

cant fault the business

Archived