SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lobster and Bubble

steviemac500

This is a 4 panel mosaic consisting of 24 x 1200s in 7nm HA. Shot over a few nights in my BYO. Mosaic was constructed in APP (great software) and then process in PI with a heavier contrast than normal and LHE to bring out the bubble more. I also did one with the stars reduced but not sure which i prefer? Cant decide whether to add RGB to this or leave it as stand alone HA. CCs welcomed as always, hope you like it.

http://astrob.in/321080/0/

Mosaic.jpg

3 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice. First one for me. Dimmer stars look odd in the second. Did you do a lot of star reduction in that version?

Only one pass, but yes I think it looks a bit odd too ?. Like they’re an after thought put in with a very light pencil. 

7 minutes ago, johnrt said:

Version 2 looks a bit odd, what method of star reduction did you use?

?I think we’re agreed it’s a bit odd. Morphological selection but tbh I didn’t really spend as much time as I normally would and I only did one pass too. 

This is something Im working on at the moment, one tip is to use layer masks to preserve the bubble, which is quite easy to blow out (which is whats happened here). Im not sure whether PI or APP has an HDR feature, that might take place of Photoshop layer masks. Other than that, great image! :)

Archived