SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M81, M82 and friends

Psychobilly

Thanks everyone ... going to have to go to bed tonight and set an alarm for 4.30 got a bit of horse wrangling to do in the morning before stripping the Obs and going to "WORK" :bino2:

Oh well another busy weekend and still enjoying it immensely which is the main thing. I have got renewed enthusiasm now that I have the modded 350D and the focus masks to get that part right :smiley:

Billy....

Great Pic. that Billy. It was starting to look like the Hubble Deep Field Image. :smiley:

Ron.

Nah the VSC image i took earlier in the year is probably one of my deepest...

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/PsychoBillyUK/AstroPhotography#5196068881843183874

We stopped ID'ing at 50 galaxies...

Heh Heh!. Who needs Hubble when they have a 66 Hey Billy. :bino2: Oh!, and a couple of other attachments.

Incredible.

Ron. :p

Nice one!

The cool thing about imaging outside of the arms of the milky way is that things stand more out. It looks like the galaxies are just "hanging there" in empty space. You have a pretty deep image, but it's not swamped with stars like images you get in the cygnus region etc .-)

Excellent focus and tracking as usual!

Thanks again for the comments :smiley:

I have got to say they Barthov masks are what sorted out the focusing for me as it was always my weakest link with them its an absolute doddle the movement of the center line in the "X" is so sensitive its amazing focusing takes a minute at most and in reality is usually done in a few shots :bino2:

Billy..

Thanks Steve,

I should have altered the framing slighlty to center on the mid point betweem M81 and M82 which is how I normally do this pair...Im normally framing by using the RA and DEC cords togeheter with camera rotation based on a pre-imaging "survey" in the TheSky6. Sometimes i tweak this slightly to get a better guide star.

Billy...

Thanks for the comments they are a great source of encouragement.

I am still struggling with takind decent flats which I think is whast holdign me back a bit at the moment.

I did knock up a white cotton target on saturday 2 latyers of a brand new cotton tshirt held about 20mm apart. I hang this in the OBS and take loads of pictures of random parts of it and rotate it as well.. Its lit by teh scattered light inside the observatory - which is white UPVc so its a bit like an intergrating sphere (only a bit though) ...

Got to get them sorted soon.

I am still waiting for a a couple of samples of the latest white Electro-luminescent materials and a driver for them which might be a good way forward.

Billy...

Archived