SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IOptron Cem25

Lobo Cielo

Hello to all,

I have got a chance of going for a IOptron CEM25P that I want to use in my back garden. I also would like to take it on my travels around the UK and possibly abroad. I have organised a deal for this mount together with an 80 mm triplet refractor and guide scope.

I can order the mount with 1.5” or 2” legs; weight difference is about 3kg for the heavier version, extra cost about £100. 

I just wondered if anyone could advise if the 1.5” legs would be good enough and stay stable in the wind? Does anyone own this mount and have either of the two sizes of legs? I would love to hear your experiences before I finally put in the order.

May I thank you in advance if you can offer any help.

Cheers!

I have an iOptron iEQ45 which came with a very wobbly tripod that I made a brace for, hopefully they've improved the design by now obviously bigger will be more stable just weigh a bit more so probably worth it.

Make sure it comes with a case as they used to sell mounts both with and without cases.

Dave

I have the cem25 and went with the 2" legs. 
I like them they seem pretty stable.
I can carry the mount in one hand, the legs in the other and the scope on my back if need be (have done this for around 200m but not further).

If you want pics/further information let me know.

1 hour ago, jazza said:

I have the cem25 and went with the 2" legs. 
I like them they seem pretty stable.
I can carry the mount in one hand, the legs in the other and the scope on my back if need be (have done this for around 200m but not further).

If you want pics/further information let me know.

Jazza I would love to see some pics of your rig if that is O.K.. I am fairly new to astronomy and this mount will be my first ‘proper legs’. Cheers

Archived