Narrowband

SGP star align

jaygpoo

Another question,  My pier mount is polar aligned. Now when I set up all I need is to align to one star an all should be going. If I start SGP and slew to say vega it will not be in view most times and as the scope is not close by I need to move the mount to see the star in order to focus the camera. If I unlock and move the mount (old NEQ6) I will be able to see the star and focus but when I then ask SGP to slew to and centre it will go back to the place I started where the star is no to be seen. In other words I have not syned it like in CDC. I know that if the camera has been focused the plate solve should be able to sort it but this is not happening?  Is there a method when using SGP to centre a star or to plate solve the image of the star you have focused on.I am trying to do this using a ZWO120mm with a ED80mm. jay

Archived