Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 - My First Stab of the Year

Psychobilly

This is a Crop from a wide-field with exposures ranging from 5s to 120s stacking groups into individual files manually aligned as layers in CS3 blended with various opacities starting with the longest exposures at the bottom of the stack (saved that way) then flattened 2 copies made one RGB one Grayscale which is used afetr processing as a false L which gets put back into the RGB to give LRGB which is flattened then more tweaking...

Heres the result so far....(sorry for Portrait mode it just doesnt look right in Landscape)

8612_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Still more to do with it but will to for now...

Hope you like it :smiley:

Billy....

You should see it in the full frame but it gets wrecked dropping it down to 800 pixels...its about 2 times bigger FOV again :smiley:

Thansk for the comments as I was thinking of comin in this morning (about 5 am) Orion was sleepign int he gap between the trees so it just had to be done...

Will go straight for the GG tomorrow morning before work :bino2:

PS a NIR image of this may (should) show more stars in the nebula, as their light is less attenuated!

Paul

Is that a hint for me to get out the workshop Paul :bino2:

Heres's the re-sized full frame....

8616_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

As you all might have guessed I just love my wide-field setup especially with the modded 350D with the Hutech IDAS doing their stuff :smiley:

Billy...

Archived