Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems Avalon M zero

Paul1

Hey
In early September I bought the Avalon M zero because of the weather I have not been able to use the avelon.
When I wanted to use him for the first time yesterday everything went wrong.

I have a problem with the one star alignment I did everything according the manuel.

Or  he is going the wrong direction or he is going to the horizon he never goes tho the selected star or object.

What I am doing wrong?

Regards Paul

Can you maybe give a step by step account of the setup you are carrying out? That would help to see where the problem is.

A few things to check (I am assuming you are using the M-Zero in Equatorial mode here):

• In the StarGo software settings 'Align' tab did you make sure the latitude and longitude is set correctly for your location?
  • On the 'Advanced' tab is the 'M-Zero' selected?
  • On the 'Ra Dec' tab have you selected the correct mode i.e. Equatorial
  • As Olly has pointed out above the correct time is vital so also check your computers time settings to make sure they are correct

If the settings are correct (after polar alignment) it should be as easy as:

• Put your scope in the 'Home' position i.e. counter weight down (line up the marks on Ra and Dec)
  • Click 'Sync Home Position' on the 'Align' tab
  • Then select a suitable star from the star catalog and click 'GOTO' (don't chose one near the celestial pole)
  • This should slew the scope roughy in the area of the selected star
  • Manually centre the star in the eyepiece (or on the image if you use a camera)
  • Click 'SYNC' on the star catalog tab

That should be it. If you have selected to use the Multi-Star model any further stars that are centred and 'synced' will add to the model. If your polar alignment is reasonably good you shouldn't need more than two or three stars at most (I usually only use one).

Hey

I use the polemaster and that is quite accurate.
For the rest, I do the same steps as you describe them.
The M zero must not  the weight but the dec pointet to the ground
Regards Paul 

If it points in a completely different direction than expected, go into the advanced panel in StarGo and try checking the "reverse motors dir" boxes one at a time and retrying. I had the same problem on my Uno and have to check the "dec" box.

Derek

56 minutes ago, schmeah said:

If it points in a completely different direction than expected, go into the advanced panel in StarGo and try checking the "reverse motors dir" boxes one at a time and retrying. I had the same problem on my Uno and have to check the "dec" box.

Derek

This..... the DEC motor direction should be reversed.

When starting StarGo I always have the mount in the home position and then do a sync to home position before doing anything.

From there I will do a GOTO to the object I want and then do a plate solve and sync.

Since I only really image a single target per session I don't really need to have a good pointing model so I don't bother with any more than a single plate-solve and sync.

Prior to all this I have of course done a polar alignment using PoleMaster or SharpCap.

My kit is packed away so I can't give any more details than this at the moment but if you are still stuck I can get the kit down.

You can do most of this without clear skies, just set the mount in the home position and sync it like above then do some GOTOs and see if the mount is moving in the right direction according to Stellarium or similar. 

Yesterday had a teamviewer sesssion with Luciano van Avalon and everything should now be alright.

What a service gives that man.
Thank you for your help and thinking.
Regards Paul 

Hello everyone

yesterday evening tried again and after Luciano from Avalon installed the new software the M zero went in the right direction end also the 1 star alignment went well.

That is a problem that has been solved.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Paul

Archived