SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help choosing a mount

They're both quite similar in specs but the star adventurer has a quoted payload of 5kg compared to the ioptrons 3kg.  The ioptrons is a smaller and lighter mount but both are quite portable.  The star adventurer comes with the ball head mount as standard whereas the ioptrons is an optional extra. An equitorial wedge is available for the star adventurer for a measly £45.

Finally the biggest difference is the price.

Star adventurer £195

Skytracker £350

Both have excellent reviews.  Only my personal choice, but I'd be going for the star adventurer plus wedge for £240 all in.

No doubt there are fans of both here on sgl so would be interesting to hear their take on it.

Dave...

1 minute ago, Dave S said:

They're both quite similar in specs but the star adventurer has a quoted payload of 5kg compared to the ioptrons 3kg.  The ioptrons is a smaller and lighter mount but both are quite portable.  The star adventurer comes with the ball head mount as standard whereas the ioptrons is an optional extra. An equitorial wedge is available for the star adventurer for a measly £45.

Finally the biggest difference is the price.

Star adventurer £195

Star tracker £350

Both have excellent reviews.  Only my personal choice, but I'd be going for the star adventurer plus wedge for £240 all in.

No doubt there are fans of both here on sgl so would be interesting to hear their take on it.

Dave...

Hi Dave and thanks for you comment! :)

I looked for Star Adventurer but I find only 320$ one (with wedge) and I have to pay at the border for that too,can you maybe link me the 240£ Star Adventurer?

Thanks! :)

Oops missed the obvious. I've just finished a ten hour shift at work so the brain isn't fully operational. :happy7:

Here in the UK first light optics are a trusted favourite and they ship internationally. They even have currency conversion on the website.  I don't know what the shipping costs are as they are calculated at checkout.

They do the absolute all in bundle for £269gbp which even includes counterweights and dovetail L bracket.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-star-adventurer/skywatcher-star-adventurer-astronomy-bundle.html

I don't know of any European suppliers so I don't have any comparable prices.

9 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Oops missed the obvious. I've just finished a ten hour shift at work so the brain isn't fully operational. :happy7:

Here in the UK first light optics are a trusted favourite and they ship internationally. They even have currency conversion on the website.  I don't know what the shipping costs are as they are calculated at checkout.

They do the absolute all in bundle for £269gbp which even includes counterweights and dovetail L bracket.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-star-adventurer/skywatcher-star-adventurer-astronomy-bundle.html

I don't know of any European suppliers so I don't have any comparable prices.

Wow!

Thanks, I dont even checked this one!

Archived