Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Russell Valentine

October 29th Moon, Lawrence, KS, USA

I took this with a Canon 600D (T3i) through a 90mm refractor in Lawrence, KS, USA. I believe it is 72% illuminated. I recently got the refactor and this was the first time I used it. Thanks.

moon_20171029.thumb.jpg.16f00c4a1b4fe0179ecbd902381f9bca.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For a "first light" image, this is very nice!

It shows much detail for a 90mm aperture. And you managed to cover both the terminator and limb regions in one picture without underexposing one side and overexposing the other.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TakMan
      Sunday 30th June.
      NLCs started appearing as the skies cleared around 1.45am.
      Grabbed gear and headed off around 2.15am to the same location as last two sessions. Another 90 shots taken!
      Nikon D3 and Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, tripod mounted, cable release and mirror lock function.
      Lightly processed in Adobe Lightroom and (where required), stitched shots together in Photoshop CC2017
      Taken from north Lichfield (Staffordshire).
      Clicking the pictures should open the hi-res images.
      Panoramic 1 - 7 shots. ISO 200, 2.5 sec, f/2.8, 70mm, 2.56am. Note over in the far right the Pleiades.

Panoramic 2 (Detail) - 4 shots. ISO 200, 2.5 sec, f/2.8, 200mm, 3.01am

'The Saucepan and NLCs' - Single shot - (Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED). ISO 200, 2 sec, f/2.8, 24mm, 3.22am

Started to pack away just as 'Mr Blackbird' started to sing - the dawn chorus broke.... then noticed a beautiful sight over in the East, switched back to the Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II and added the TC-14EII 1.4x
      A 7% Crescent Moon.
      Single shot - ISO 200, 0.8 sec, f/4, 280mm, 3.28am

Damian

• By Ruud
      Yesterday's Moon with the straight wall. Rupes Recta (middle right) and the crater Pitatus (bottom left).

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening, I started observing the moon and sketching crater Copernicus even 15min before sunset. The contrast on the moon wasn't perfect yet, but on the other hand the contrast on the sketching paper was better - no need for LED.  Copernicus with its prominent ray system is wonderfully appearing on the full moon but this time I just concentrated on the 96km crater itself:

Telescope: Celestron NexStar 127SLT
      Eyepiece: ExploreScientific 6.7mm/82°
      Date & TIme: June 12th, 2019 / 2130-2230 CEST
      Technique: Koh-i-Noor chalk and charcoal pens on black sketching paper
      Size: appr. 30x30cm
      Looking in my filed skeches, I figured out that I have visited Copernicus five years ago. Here's a comparison of the two sketches showing some changes in technique:

Clear skies!
      Achim

• By Miguel1983
      Hi,
      since i started work on my observatory there hasn't been much time for AP, but since lunar photography is done in minutes i had a go yesterday.
      Gear:
      SW AZGTI with the Skymax127 and Sony A6300 and Baader Neodymium Moon & skyglow filter.
      100 frames taken and 50% used to stack in autostackerd.

• By barkingsteve
      c925 and 294mc pro bin 1  with ir/uv cut filter. 2 panel mosaic best 25% of 1,000 .   Had to convert to jpeg as i keep getting an error 200 when trying to upload a larger file. ( 50+ mb )  clicky for full rez.

and a few with the 385c camera with neodymium filter and mostly barlowed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.