Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

On the morning of October 14 the sky in Germany was clear and the seeing was between average and good. I wanted to test the new release of my MoonPanoramaMaker software, so I set up my telescope in the garden. In fully automatic mode the 30 videos for a high-res panorama were captured. Here is a "thumbnail picture" of the panorama:

2017-10-14_03-49UT_Moon_Preview.thumb.jpg.12a6993dbbfee2c0ea8be7ce392fd44a.jpg

You find the panorama in full resolution here. Make sure to view the picture at 100% zoom.

The inidividual video files were taken with an ASI120MM-S camera through a 685nm red filter and my C11 telescope. If you are interested in the technical details, you can see here two pictures of my setup. First the whole thing:

C11-Setup.thumb.jpg.4c3c1b6b75762f3650ffad10767fb73a.jpg

And then a closeup of my laptop with all the necessary software running:

59fec47b80d62_012-4Laptop.thumb.jpg.7f010515d37c8de5ad2708c289aaa834.jpg

Best regards,

Rolf

• Like 12

Wonderful image, and an amazing piece of software you have produced too!

• Like 2

A jaw dropping lunar image you have here especially at full resolution.  Super clean terrific processing, well done !

• Like 1

Super image - detail is wonderful across the whole image!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alexwolf
      Hello!
      Today we published first release candidate to version 0.19.1 - please help us testing Stellarium!
      List of changes between version 0.19.0 and master (0.19.0.16926/0.19.1RC1):
      - Added allow to search an inactive meteor showers in Search Tool/Lists tool
      - Added 'Azimuth vs. Time' graph into AstroCalc/Graphs tool
      - Added feature to show tracks for latest several selected planets (GH: #539)
      - Added calculation and showing the orbital period for artificial satellites
      - Added revolutions per day info for artificial satellites
      - Added tools for jumping to the next or previous time of rising, transit or setting for selected object (GH: #484)
      - Added new behavoir for AstroCalc/Graphs when clicking within graph area now sets current time.
      - Fixed issue in script 'Mercury Triple Sunrise and Sunset'
      - Fixed crash of Stellarium for eyepieces with permanent crosshair
      - Fixed Stellarium crash when Remote Control plugin is working
      - Fixed computation of assume radius for minor planets.
      - Fixed the issue of the scrolling not working properly on Mac (GH: #393)
      - Fixed crash in Scripting Engine (Hide artificial satellites through StelProperties in core.clear() method to avoid crash if plugin was didn't loaded)
      - Fixed planetarium crash in HiPS (network manager delete problem)
      - Fixed position problems on the Poles (GH: #391)
      - Fixed scaling Telrad sign on HighDPI monitors
      - Fixed surface occlusion bug even with landscape turned off in scripting engine (GH: #680)
      - Fixed building with cmake -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON (GH: #683)
      - Fixed error in constellation file format (Babylonian)
      - Fixed Europe/Volgograd time zone settings (GH: #686)
      - Fixed HiPS handling of allsky download (GH: #671)
      - Fixed progress bar rendering (GH: #671)
      - Fixed positive declinations issue in AstroCalc tool when option 'Use decimal degrees' is enabled (GH: #690)
      - Fixed file names inconsistency
      - Fixed constellation line in "Japanese Moon Stations" skyculture
      - Fixed file name for constellation boundaries in Stellarium User Guide
      - Fixed the user interface problems in Oculars plug-in (GH: #580)
      - Fixed getting the wrong values in objects/info method for selected object for different formats (Remote Control plugin)
      - Fixed refresh plots when AstroCalc dialog becomes visible again (AstroCalc/Graphs tool)
      - Fixed jquery vulnerability (GH: #694)
      - Fixed date and time dialog behaviour: Hour/Minute/Second spinners now correctly trigger signals dateChanged(), dateChangedByYear and dateChangedForMonth() when days, months or years are affected by it.
      - Fixed update graphs in AstroCalc/Graphs tool when days change
      - Updated planetary nomenclature
      - Updated common names of stars and DSO's
      - Updated cmake rules for Windows deployment
      - Updated DSO textures
      - Updated behaviour of HiPS survey if Stellarium started without network (GH: #681)
      - Updated GUI for ArchaeoLines plugin (GH: #689, #682)
      - Updated default pulsars catalog (v1.60)
      - Updated list of asterisms
      - Excluded Armintxe skyculture and landscape from default package
      Download link: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium-data/releases/tag/beta
    • By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening, I started observing the moon and sketching crater Copernicus even 15min before sunset. The contrast on the moon wasn't perfect yet, but on the other hand the contrast on the sketching paper was better - no need for LED.  Copernicus with its prominent ray system is wonderfully appearing on the full moon but this time I just concentrated on the 96km crater itself:

Telescope: Celestron NexStar 127SLT
      Eyepiece: ExploreScientific 6.7mm/82°
      Date & TIme: June 12th, 2019 / 2130-2230 CEST
      Technique: Koh-i-Noor chalk and charcoal pens on black sketching paper
      Size: appr. 30x30cm
      Looking in my filed skeches, I figured out that I have visited Copernicus five years ago. Here's a comparison of the two sketches showing some changes in technique:

Clear skies!
      Achim

• By Miguel1983
      Hi,
      since i started work on my observatory there hasn't been much time for AP, but since lunar photography is done in minutes i had a go yesterday.
      Gear:
      SW AZGTI with the Skymax127 and Sony A6300 and Baader Neodymium Moon & skyglow filter.
      100 frames taken and 50% used to stack in autostackerd.

• By barkingsteve
      c925 and 294mc pro bin 1  with ir/uv cut filter. 2 panel mosaic best 25% of 1,000 .   Had to convert to jpeg as i keep getting an error 200 when trying to upload a larger file. ( 50+ mb )  clicky for full rez.

and a few with the 385c camera with neodymium filter and mostly barlowed.

• By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Posting in this forum after too long!
      One of the first attempts at taking photos of the moon.
      All photos taken using skywatcher 90mm refractor with eq2 mount, Nikon DSLR and 2x Barlow here and there.
      No exposure.
      Basic editing in cellphone.
      Thank you! Suggestions highly appreciated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.