Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iPhone Moon 1st November 2017

Although this might perhaps have been more appropriate submitted as a Halloween Horror, I humbly submit my iPhone Moon shot from 1st November ;)

Totally unplanned, I was observing the moon under what turned out to be very good conditions. Although the seeing was a little variable, the scope took very high powers at times (>x400!). This shot however was taken through the right channel of my Baader Zeiss Binoviewer, with 25mm Zeiss orthos, an AP Barcon with two extension tubes and a x1.7 GPC, giving very approximately x200.

Scope was a Tak FC-100D on an AZGTI mount.

I used the ProCam 5 app to take the image, which gives excellent control of focus and exposure, and then tweaked and cropped it a little in PS Express, also on the phone.

IMG_4464.JPG

The Moon this evening was just stunning as it rose from my horizon at about 1700 GMT looking about four times larger than normal, and the strangest of colours? I even stopped driving to take the image with the iPhone, but then didn't?  as I though the image would look too  small in the final shot, but visually, it was just stunning, I just hope tomorrow has a similar effect, may try the NIKON for some wall art! 

Archived